Any ideas on how to get the money for the N5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tanmaynarang

May 27, 2012
Hey all, I love my N4, but seeing everyone in the android communities with the nexus 5 makes me cry inside, so I wanted to get one. Problem is, I'm 14 which is below the legal age to work, I root/flash/unlock/etc. peoples phones off craigslist, but that isn't too efficient as I get about $40 a week from that IF THAT, and $40 a month goes to my servers, any ideas on how I can make money? Preferably online as I go to school and I can't really do as many things during the day. I know Java, HTML, CSS, a LITTLE JavaScript, Python, C++, and some Lua. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks all! <3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mod edit: Not really what xda is for....thread closed

Last edited by a moderator:

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
Well first, I think this is the wrong forum. Might want to post in Q&A. Secondly, my advice as a guy who has experienced the same phone envy as you is to be patient, save up, and wait for the Nexus 6 to come out and get that. It'll hand better battery life, and you're not making a huge step up. I've tried it out, it's not worth the upgrade if you're strapped for cash.

IF you're still interested in a Nexus 5 in spite of all these discouragements, then my advice is this. Sell your phone, which should net you at least half the value (more if you're crafty) of the Nexus 5, and do some phone repair. With the addition of phone repair, which could give you, say, $80/week or every two weeks, within a month you'll have the proper funds. If you sell your phone, get a dumb phone in the meantime. I'll donate one of my old ones to you for free if you want.

Shovel snow, mow lawns, work your ass off doing odd jobs going door to door until you get that phone (wash windows, teach elderly how to use a computer or tablet, walk dogs). You'll be a better man for it and it'll build up that work ethic. Honestly when I was younger I walked rich people's dogs and made a ton of money, helped me save up for a car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Hey all, I love my N4, but seeing everyone in the android communities with the nexus 5 makes me cry inside, so I wanted to get one. Problem is, I'm 14 which is below the legal age to work, I root/flash/unlock/etc. peoples phones off craigslist, but that isn't too efficient as I get about $40 a week from that IF THAT, and $40 a month goes to my servers, any ideas on how I can make money? Preferably online as I go to school and I can't really do as many things during the day. I know Java, HTML, CSS, a LITTLE JavaScript, Python, C++, and some Lua. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks all! <3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say find a part time job with at least 10-18 hours per week, in one or two month (depends upon salary) u'll be able to buy nexus 5 without even selling nexus 4.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
how good is your PC? You could set it up as a bit coin Miner, mine a s##tload of bit coins and sell them for a profit?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali

7edabu8y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.