XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pebble Battery Drain on Phone?

Tip us?

Grooby97
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by quangtran1 View Post
See, that's what I'm not sure, you'll have to test. I do not use the Yahoo app; I don't know that when the watchface isn't active, does that app simply not displaying the watchface, but still runs in the background, or is it completely inactive altogether? I'm guessing that if the face isn't active, then there would be no reason for the Yahoo app to run. I thought you already stated that you did not experience wakelocks when you stopped using the Yahoo weather app.

No I did not state that...someone earlier might of uninstall all the apps to verify but I don't believe there was an update afterward.

Grooby97
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by quangtran1 View Post
See, that's what I'm not sure, you'll have to test. I do not use the Yahoo app; I don't know that when the watchface isn't active, does that app simply not displaying the watchface, but still runs in the background, or is it completely inactive altogether? I'm guessing that if the face isn't active, then there would be no reason for the Yahoo app to run. I thought you already stated that you did not experience wakelocks when you stopped using the Yahoo weather app.
So I cannot repro this anymore..last thing that I did to my phone was kernel update with dalvik-cache/cache wipe.

quangtran1
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grooby97 View Post
So I cannot repro this anymore..last thing that I did to my phone was kernel update with dalvik-cache/cache wipe.
That's good.

iPhone 5S, LG G2, Razr Mini, Nokia 928, Blackberry Q10

Grooby97
Old
Thanks Meter 19
So noticed that the Pebble Android app drain started again last night when I was going to bed. I promptly clear my Dalvik Cache and Cache partition and the problem went away, based on my last battery check. The only change to my phone was installation of couple new watch apps.

Still need to test out, but is it possible that installing the watch app might corrupt the Dalvik Cache or put Pebble in a bad state, where it keeps waking up the android phone?

I am going to run few test by uninstall some watch app and see if Pebble Android App start waking up the phoen from deep sleep. If not, i'll reinstall couple apps back and see.
Tags
battery, battery drain, pebble