Lots Of Spamming On The Forums Going On

OP LinearEquation

11th January 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
I get email updates when something is posted in select threads because I like to be quick to help if I am available. I also get a nightly update of new threads. For three days I have been reporting new profiles just spamming the heck of the forums. It's making it impossible to determine who needs help and what is spam.

I will post a pic of one screen shot I just took. Nine of the most recent posts in the KFHD 8.9 Q&A thread, all back to back. All the same asker, all the same responder who responded to nothing else. Posts in wrong areas, posts about nothing to do with tablets or even electronics, reviews about what ever from places I never heard of and so on.

There is either a spam problem or some bots running around. I won't continue to get auto updates to my email if most of them are just going to be spam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	huh.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	2509801  
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #2  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 303

537 posts
More
Yeah,if this keeps up,the entire forum will be totally drowned in spam.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to SafinWasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 6

128 posts
stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

I get email updates when something is posted in select threads because I like to be quick to help if I am available. I also get a nightly update of new threads. For three days I have been reporting new profiles just spamming the heck of the forums. It's making it impossible to determine who needs help and what is spam.

I will post a pic of one screen shot I just took. Nine of the most recent posts in the KFHD 8.9 Q&A thread, all back to back. All the same asker, all the same responder who responded to nothing else. Posts in wrong areas, posts about nothing to do with tablets or even electronics, reviews about what ever from places I never heard of and so on.

There is either a spam problem or some bots running around. I won't continue to get auto updates to my email if most of them are just going to be spam.

is there any way to stop spamming?
The Following User Says Thank You to Latonya1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 10

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latonya1

is there any way to stop spamming?

Moderators can lock the posts. Probably delete or move them if they are off topic. If the user is showing nothing but spam, they should be able to lock the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedsonRising For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread