5,595,918 Members 31,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Have You Bricked your ZU

Tip us?
 
blueether
Old
#11  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by esponjamix View Post
@blueether I had a ZU with locked bootloader, but after flash kernel with flashtool my phone is dead... No led, no power, PC can't recognized any driver...
With @jackie099 root tool you had put your ZU working?
Yes I used jackie's tool, but the real issue I had was windows not the phone.

How much battery did you have before you flashed?

What exactly did you flash?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra
 
esponjamix
Old
#12  
esponjamix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 102
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Yes I used jackie's tool, but the real issue I had was windows not the phone.

How much battery did you have before you flashed?

What exactly did you flash?
70% battery when i flashed.
I had Philz XZdualrecovery for locked bootloaders and flashed in TWRP this rom "C68XX ★ monxDIFIED ★ ZUltra™ (4.3) FULL-ROOT". When power on, my phone freeze on Sony logo. So, i flashed again, but this time, i only flash the kernel .290 on flashtool. When i removed the cable and reboot my phone, i can't see anything... no power on, no led when i connect my phone with vol + and cable... anything... Any help ?
 
blueether
Old
#13  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 459
Posts: 1,386
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by esponjamix View Post
70% battery when i flashed.
I had Philz XZdualrecovery for locked bootloaders and flashed in TWRP this rom "C68XX ★ monxDIFIED ★ ZUltra™ (4.3) FULL-ROOT". When power on, my phone freeze on Sony logo. So, i flashed again, but this time, i only flash the kernel .290 on flashtool. When i removed the cable and reboot my phone, i can't see anything... no power on, no led when i connect my phone with vol + and cable... anything... Any help ?
Does flashtool say anything when you connect the phone?

Have you tried a reset (hold power and vol +) or have you tried a hard reset (the red button in side of the sim cover)?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra
 
esponjamix
Old
(Last edited by esponjamix; 13th January 2014 at 09:43 AM.)
#14  
esponjamix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 102
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Does flashtool say anything when you connect the phone?

Have you tried a reset (hold power and vol +) or have you tried a hard reset (the red button in side of the sim cover)?
Flashtool log with Windows 8:
13/020/2014 06:20:13 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
13/020/2014 06:20:13 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.13.0 built on 2013-06-04 22:50:00
13/020/2014 06:20:18 - INFO - Device disconnected

"Device disconnected" without connect phone to PC

Yes, i tried a reset and hard reset... not success...

EDIT:
After 3 hours with charger, the red led appears.

When i connect with PC (Flashtool open) - VOL+ and cable, flashtool log:
13/040/2014 09:40:12 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
13/040/2014 09:40:12 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Can i pass this error?

Vol- and connect cable, is the same "Device connected with USB debugging off"
 
hassanmahmood
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 197
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by esponjamix View Post
Flashtool log with Windows 8:
13/020/2014 06:20:13 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
13/020/2014 06:20:13 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.13.0 built on 2013-06-04 22:50:00
13/020/2014 06:20:18 - INFO - Device disconnected

"Device disconnected" without connect phone to PC

Yes, i tried a reset and hard reset... not success...

EDIT:
After 3 hours with charger, the red led appears.

When i connect with PC (Flashtool open) - VOL+ and cable, flashtool log:
13/040/2014 09:40:12 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
13/040/2014 09:40:12 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Can i pass this error?

Vol- and connect cable, is the same "Device connected with USB debugging off"
The issue you're facing might be directly related to trying to use flash tools in Windows 8 rather than Windows 7.

There is an issue installing the drivers you need to flash the phone in Windows 8.

You need to enter something called 'special mode' and tinker with a few settings.
 
esponjamix
Old
#16  
esponjamix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 102
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood View Post
The issue you're facing might be directly related to trying to use flash tools in Windows 8 rather than Windows 7.

There is an issue installing the drivers you need to flash the phone in Windows 8.

You need to enter something called 'special mode' and tinker with a few settings.
Same error in Windows 7 and Windows 8...
 
caesu
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Mar 2012
it seems like ive done the impossible with bricking my phone, locked bootloader and not rooted. power went out when 4.3 almost finished flashing and the phone wouldnt go into flashmode or fastboot. charging it would have flashing red> solid red> then nothing > and repeat.. trying to hard reset react sometimes and the red reset button does nothing.connecting it to the computer would make the "connected" sound then constantly play the "disconnect" sound.. nothing shows up in hardware management.

the good thing is i called sony on dec26 and recently got an RMA number, didnt have proof of purchase since it was a gift and the rep told me my warranty is still there so i sent it in and they just received it today, hopefully ill get a working zxu back soon.

Tags
bricked, flashtool, recovery
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more