Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bugs or defective Phone?

Tip us?

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
If you're going to exchange it anyways, why not Odin back to a 100% completely stock 4.3 TW and see if you are having those issues. Just remember, it's better to figure this out and learn from it just in case this ends up happening to you again. See, because if you go Odin back to 4.3 TW, and you still have this issue, then you can confirm it is a hardware issue. But if you Odin back to 4.3 and you don't have those issues, then you know something in your ROM or services was modified or corrupt. My suggestion, go back to stock and test it out.
I did actually... I went full on Knox included restore stock 4.3.. I havent had any issues with phone but then again I don't call too many people during the day.. however I did encounter the same camera issue..so this phone is out of here.. I got the order in today with phone arriving tomorrow.. I hope I get a 4.2.2 JB phone...i
Current Device: The Awesome Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: all of them
Old devices: Samsung Galaxy S3
Sprint Epic 4G-Gave it away
Samsung Intercept Hard Bricked !

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jay_jay View Post
I did actually... I went full on Knox included restore stock 4.3.. I havent had any issues with phone but then again I don't call too many people during the day.. however I did encounter the same camera issue..so this phone is out of here.. I got the order in today with phone arriving tomorrow.. I hope I get a 4.2.2 JB phone...i
Yeah, definitely a HW issue. Good thing it was under warranty. And in most cases, they update the FW before shipping it out, so here's to hoping.

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah, definitely a HW issue. Good thing it was under warranty. And in most cases, they update the FW before shipping it out, so here's to hoping.
Yea dude bad news for me.. new phone shipped already with 4.3 in it... that kinda sucks... now what options are out there for me to get this rooted? Do you know?

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Yea dude bad news for me.. new phone shipped already with 4.3 in it... that kinda sucks... now what options are out there for me to get this rooted? Do you know?
Yeah, CF-AR (ChainFires Auto Root). Won't trip knox flag but flashing a recovery like CWM/Philz/TWRP will cause your flag to trip.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

Mr_Jay_jay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah, CF-AR (ChainFires Auto Root). Won't trip knox flag but flashing a recovery like CWM/Philz/TWRP will cause your flag to trip.
Yea I was reading that.. I don't care about the knox counter... one great thing about rooting is trying all the roms out there so I'm goin all in! thanks!

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Yea I was reading that.. I don't care about the knox counter... one great thing about rooting is trying all the roms out there so I'm goin all in! thanks!
No problem