5,598,718 Members 37,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JELLY BEANS on RAZR

Tip us?

vegolas
Old
(Last edited by vegolas; 23rd December 2013 at 06:26 AM.) Reason: want to highlight few things
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default JELLY BEANS on RAZR

Review of jelly beans , Tips and tricks for RAZR to get on jelly beans for NOOBS

OKAY so if u have DROID RAZR i.e having cdma architecture RAZR then you guyz should probably use verizon jelly beans to upgrade ...
but if u have RAZR XT910 and u wanna update to jelly beans of verizon then you guyz need to refer to " therazrguy " created threads like
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2078021
but wanna say one thing while doing his given procedure most imp thing you u need to GSM patch and apply it properly otherwise whats worth of such JELLY BEANS if you don't have proper cellular data and connection working in it ... Since verizon Jelly Beans is made for CDMA RAZR
or u guyz can refer to " artur0588 " created thread like ...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2182674
there u don't to get a separate GSM patch ...
Well I didn't tried artur0588's method .... I tried razrguy method but while doing that i found out that there is a jelly beans for RAZR XT910 i.e GSM RAZR ....

One more thing guyz if u don't Droid RAZR XT912 is CDMA & RAZR XT910 is GSM big difference when it comes to mobile which is meant for communication ...

OkAY so if you guyz are looking for Jelly Beans made for GSM RAZR i.e RAZR XT910 then there is JELLY BEANS out in countries like
France Canada Germany ( for Vodafone & T-Mobile ) UK

Well you can use whichever suits your cellular connection ... so to speak i don't much which is best for you since i haven't tried all of them
But if you are a asian user .... i.e YOU GUYZ HAVE AsianRetail ICS running on you RAZR XT910 then you guyz should refer to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192532
created by HSD-Pilot
I have tried that European Jelly beans on AsianRetial ICS version for my RAZR XT910 ... It works buttery smooth ...

New JB graphics and animation are amazing don't feeling using a launcher
Smartaciton app works better than previous especially Battery Saver and Low Battery Saver action helps lot in saving your battery by controlling apps from eating your battery when u ain't using your mobile ...
Video playing clarity is improved ...
camera and music just took a look its okay as usual ...

Here is a website for all Android OS for moto mobiles
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/index.php
just select your mobile you get all android OS compatible for corresponding mobile you selected

Some things you need @ your hands
To take a backup of all your apps there a lot of apps like titanium backup etc...

I tried AppInstaller its available on play store for free, its author is FunTrigger ...
what you need to do is update your apps to latest version then make backup of apps whichever you want
it makes a setup of apps in apk format so that u can backup it or install it whenever you want ...

To backup your sms
I tried SMS Backup & Restore ,Author is RITESH SAHU
what its does is it backup your entire sms in your mobile into a single *.xls file which you can open it in MS OFFICE , Also it restore your sms obviously when you provide the location of your *.xls file

To backup contacts ...
just go in your contact press setting key there you will find option export to SD card or sim .... just do that it will backup your contacts into a single *.vcf file ....

AGAIN I M NOT OFFENDING ANY DEVELOPERS AND PROGRAMMERS AND GENIUS GEEKS HERE SINCE I M PROGRAMMER TOO WELL A STUDENT TO BE EXACT
JUST WANNA SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND HELPS MY FELLOW NOOBS OR NEW GUYZ OUT THERE WHO ARE CONFUSE OR HAVING HARD TIME TO FIND SOLUTION OR HARD TIME WHICH SHOULD I REFER OR WHAT SHOULD SEARCH LIKE THAT ETC

MANY THANKS TO ALL PPL LIKE whirleyes, hashcode, therazrguy, HSD-Pilot, artur0588 FOR THEIR GREAT WORK IN ANDROID OS

er111a
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Very helpful!