[Q] Phone's internal memory system messed up after installing ROM
I flashed last night Temasek's CM11 4.4.2 ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596887
), wiping user data, caches, etc (I was on a rooted stock 4.1.2 ROM).
Everything is working great so far, I love this ROM, I just noticed a problem that it's quite annoying: it seems that the internal user data file system (which would be the /sdcard folder in my old ROM) is all messed up and replicated. Here;s what happens:
I created a backup of the current ROM with Online Nandroid backup. If I use a file explorer from my phone (X-plore) and go to the "partition" /storage/emulated/0
I can see the backup created in /storage/emulated/0/clockworkmod/backup/
However, if I connect the phone to my PC and browse the contents, the partition that I see isn't that same partition, it's an older one with older files (for example it has a clockworkmod
folder but the backup isn't there, and some folders are different). What;s worse is that I can't find this "old" partition when browsing my phone with X-plore. These are the palces where I've looked at:
- /storage/emulated/0 (shows the partition where the backup I just created went, I can see the backup there)
- With root privileges:
- /data/media (shows an older second partition with different folders)
- /data/media/0 (shows the "right" partition, where the backup is)
- /sdcard (again, shows the "right" partition)
- /storage/sdcard0 (same here, shows the "right" one)
So to sum up, it looks like I see at least 3 diffent partitions:
1. From my PC, I see an older one that I can't see from X-plore (I tried Cyanogenmod file explorer too)
2. From my phone, I see the one that has the backup I just created
3. From my phone too, I see a second old partition (different from the one I see from my PC)
So what I would like to know is:
1. How can I transfer the backup to my PC if I can't see the partition that holds it from there?
2. Is it safe to just delete all those folders in both old partitions? I'm sure they're taking space unnecessarily
Any help would be much appreciated!