Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random Bluescreen (lines) Issue

Tip us?

Ahhk
Old
(Last edited by Ahhk; 13th January 2014 at 04:27 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Random Bluescreen (lines) Issue

Hi all,

I have a 32GB TP that has been doing fine (save for some battery issues) up until recently.

Now, at random, it flashes a full screen of blue lines. This lasts for about 1 - 2 seconds. Anything running appears to freeze while it happens, and if audio is playing, the TP will just BOOOOOOOOP while the blue lines appear.

Some times it will go an hour. Other times it does it every 20 seconds or so. Even just scrolling through the apps list. Does it both while plugged in and not.

I was running CM9 and thought that maybe it was a corrupt ROM or something. So, I did a full wipe (system, caches, etc) and installed CM10.x/4.2.2. Still doing it.

Anybody have ANY idea what might be causing this? Im guessing its a hardware issue now. Ive seen similar issue mentioned but never with any resolution.

Except for this issue and the occasional not wanting to turn on, the TP has been great. So...Im hoping its something fixable.

I'm not OC'd. Running pjsports CM build with non-system apps restored with TBU. Nothing funky (performance enhancing, monitoring, tweaking, av apps) installed.

Thanks.

SteveoSupremo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhk View Post
Hi all,

I have a 32GB TP that has been doing fine (save for some battery issues) up until recently.

Now, at random, it flashes a full screen of blue lines. This lasts for about 1 - 2 seconds. Anything running appears to freeze while it happens, and if audio is playing, the TP will just BOOOOOOOOP while the blue lines appear.

Some times it will go an hour. Other times it does it every 20 seconds or so. Even just scrolling through the apps list. Does it both while plugged in and not.

I was running CM9 and thought that maybe it was a corrupt ROM or something. So, I did a full wipe (system, caches, etc) and installed CM10.x/4.2.2. Still doing it.

Anybody have ANY idea what might be causing this? Im guessing its a hardware issue now. Ive seen similar issue mentioned but never with any resolution.

Except for this issue and the occasional not wanting to turn on, the TP has been great. So...Im hoping its something fixable.

I'm not OC'd. Running pjsports CM build with non-system apps restored with TBU. Nothing funky (performance enhancing, monitoring, tweaking, av apps) installed.

Thanks.
I got this whenever I tried to change to a rom that was not supported with the current partition layout or needing an SE version or a data/media on a non data/media version....

I held home and power at same time till it re-booted and went into CWM recovery and re-flashed the original rom. (I bet you could use your NANDroid as well)

Ahhk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveoSupremo View Post
I got this whenever I tried to change to a rom that was not supported with the current partition layout or needing an SE version or a data/media on a non data/media version....

I held home and power at same time till it re-booted and went into CWM recovery and re-flashed the original rom. (I bet you could use your NANDroid as well)
Thanks, but as I said, this was originally happening with the lastest stable build of CM9 (Sept '12?) - which was fine for about a year. So, since I had to reinstall to try and eliminate the issue, I went with the latest build 4.2.2 ROM that DIDNT require the new partition layout.