XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle App FC'ing

Tip us?

buckeyestilidie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Kindle App FC'ing

I am running 4.2.2 smoothrom 1.5 and the kindle store app keeps FC'ing. It's greatly annoying and just started out of nowhere.

eagle132
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am having this exact same problem with my rooted kindle fire. The Kindle Reader app force closes immediately when you open it! I am going to try to find an older version of the app...

buckeyestilidie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post
I am having this exact same problem with my rooted kindle fire. The Kindle Reader app force closes immediately when you open it! I am going to try to find an older version of the app...
If it works send me the apk it's extremely annoying lol

Lord Morpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 14
If you downloaded the apk from Play Store, its a crap version, the latest update broke the app... I installed and downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, they have an older version and it works fine.

buckeyestilidie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Morpheus View Post
If you downloaded the apk from Play Store, its a crap version, the latest update broke the app... I installed and downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, they have an older version and it works fine.
Worked, but as soon as I did it updated thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.

Lord Morpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Worked, but as soon as I did it updated thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.

LOL I did the same first time, it updated from Google Play by itself!!! Funnily enough the Google Play version works fine on my HTC phone =/

cklass
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You can probably get the latest version working by using Build.prop Editor to change the 'ro.product.manufacturer' line to Asus, Samsung etc. It seems Amazon is stopping the Play apps from functioning properly on their devices, but when the device manufacturer is changed to something other than Amazon, the latest versions of non-stock Amazon apps work again.
The Following User Says Thank You to cklass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buckeyestilidie
Old
(Last edited by buckeyestilidie; 15th January 2014 at 04:11 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklass View Post
You can probably get the latest version working by using Build.prop Editor to change the 'ro.product.manufacturer' line to Asus, Samsung etc. It seems Amazon is stopping the Play apps from functioning properly on their devices, but when the device manufacturer is changed to something other than Amazon, the latest versions of non-stock Amazon apps work again.
It worked! Thanks!