5,606,409 Members 33,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle App FC'ing

Tip us?
 
buckeyestilidie
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Kindle App FC'ing

I am running 4.2.2 smoothrom 1.5 and the kindle store app keeps FC'ing. It's greatly annoying and just started out of nowhere.
 
eagle132
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2010
I am having this exact same problem with my rooted kindle fire. The Kindle Reader app force closes immediately when you open it! I am going to try to find an older version of the app...
 
buckeyestilidie
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132 View Post
I am having this exact same problem with my rooted kindle fire. The Kindle Reader app force closes immediately when you open it! I am going to try to find an older version of the app...
If it works send me the apk it's extremely annoying lol
 
Lord Morpheus
Old
#4  
Lord Morpheus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
If you downloaded the apk from Play Store, its a crap version, the latest update broke the app... I installed and downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, they have an older version and it works fine.
 
buckeyestilidie
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Morpheus View Post
If you downloaded the apk from Play Store, its a crap version, the latest update broke the app... I installed and downloaded from the Amazon Appstore, they have an older version and it works fine.
Worked, but as soon as I did it updated thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.
 
Lord Morpheus
Old
#6  
Lord Morpheus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyestilidie View Post
Worked, but as soon as I did it updated thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.

LOL I did the same first time, it updated from Google Play by itself!!! Funnily enough the Google Play version works fine on my HTC phone =/
 
cklass
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
You can probably get the latest version working by using Build.prop Editor to change the 'ro.product.manufacturer' line to Asus, Samsung etc. It seems Amazon is stopping the Play apps from functioning properly on their devices, but when the device manufacturer is changed to something other than Amazon, the latest versions of non-stock Amazon apps work again.
The Following User Says Thank You to cklass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
buckeyestilidie
Old
(Last edited by buckeyestilidie; 15th January 2014 at 04:11 AM.)
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 65
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklass View Post
You can probably get the latest version working by using Build.prop Editor to change the 'ro.product.manufacturer' line to Asus, Samsung etc. It seems Amazon is stopping the Play apps from functioning properly on their devices, but when the device manufacturer is changed to something other than Amazon, the latest versions of non-stock Amazon apps work again.
It worked! Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Speed up the ROM or Kernel Build Process

Creating a kernel, ROM, or any other development projectrequires knowledge and tools. While … more

Google Glass Now Open to Anyone… with $1500 to Spend (Update: Not Anymore)

Google Glass, which recently received its official update … more

Android 4.4.2 OTA Now Available for the Verizon Droid DNA

A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more