Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
I'm not to familiar with how selinux works but from we hat I remember I think it was something like this. You had a recovery that I think may have supported selinux but I'm not positive about that. The kinology ROM you had on there had no selinux support in the kernel. My ROM has some selinux support in it since I based it on 4.3, and I have no idea what happened that messed it up after that, all I can tell based on what you had to do to fix it is that the xattributes for selinux were not getting cleared off the partition and for some reason the ROM's that could handle selinux didn't seem to like it either. If you want to run kinology again you may need to downgrade twrp so you can reformat the partition again so it reformats without selinux but I'm a bit confused on this myself, this isn't my best field in computers.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Then perhaps Fire HD ROM developers should include recovery images to flash with their ROMs as well? Placing a recovery.img into the .zip file along with the KFHD 7" freedom boot.img as well? I'm pretty sure Kinology has this with the Step 1 zip (although I'm not going back to Kinology. It feels too... awkward for my use). I know next to nothing about this, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there.

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: hashcode@hashcode-ubb #1
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1

Want text message alerts via ADB? Click here!