Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can anyone tell me why i cant flash ANY files except firmware.zip???

Tip us?

stephenculkin6277
Old
(Last edited by stephenculkin6277; 15th January 2014 at 04:45 AM.) Reason: added info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] can anyone tell me why i cant flash ANY files except firmware.zip???

i cant flash recovery, rom, kernel, radio, or ANYTHING els other than firmware....unlucky for me i dont have a recovery accessible at the moment but i did...not that it helps me now...im not sure where i went wrong...was trying to improve my radio...but at the moment all i can do is boot into RUU and bootloader?!? any suggestions? i have searched up, down, and sideways (both ways) . I keep getting remote not allowed error when trying to fastboot recovery

sdamark
Old
(Last edited by sdamark; 15th January 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenculkin6277 View Post
i cant flash recovery, rom, kernel, radio, or ANYTHING els other than firmware....unlucky for me i dont have a recovery accessible at the moment but i did...not that it helps me now...im not sure where i went wrong...was trying to improve my radio...but at the moment all i can do is boot into RUU and bootloader?!? any suggestions? i have searched up, down, and sideways (both ways)
Need more information.
Are you unlocked, S-on or S-off?
Is the device rooted?

Hard to help with the information at hand.

If you can boot into android, go to play store, download GOO.Manager and "install open recovery script." That should get you a working TWRP recovery.

If you feel I've helped, hit Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdamark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stephenculkin6277
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
i am showing s-off with cid 11111111 rooted with rum runner....but im not sure what my current status is with since the crap hit the fan

sdamark
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
i am showing s-off with cid 11111111 rooted with rum runner....but im not sure what my current status is with since the crap hit the fan
Check in bootloader, See if you're still Unlocked S-off.

If so you can re-install a recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdamark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stephenculkin6277
Old
(Last edited by stephenculkin6277; 15th January 2014 at 05:02 AM.) Reason: added info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
i now have the tampered flag and showing re-locked...but it was showing re-locked when i last had a successful recovery/rom running

is my bootloader in fact re-locked ( im guessing the reason i keep getting remote not allowed)
i cant seem to find an unlock method that will work... HTCDEV = no good / cant run apk for obvious reasons ( cant boot my baby lol)

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
All you gotta do is rerun rumrunner.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thayl0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdamark
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
i now have the tampered flag and showing re-locked...but it was showing re-locked when i last had a successful recovery/rom running
Well there's your problem.
Might want to ask someone here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2293919
Or, over in the Rumrunnner thread.

Might be a simple command in adb to re-unlock, not sure.

We are out of my realm of knowledge at this point. Sorry I can''t be of more help. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.

stephenculkin6277
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
that gives me an error as if i dont have debugging enabled

sdamark
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
All you gotta do is rerun rumrunner.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for chiming in thayl0,

stephenculkin6277
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
like i said, the ONLY thing i can successfully flash is firmware which is what i dont understand . if i can flash that , wth not recovery? btw im trying to flash recovery clockworkmod 6.0.4.5 . could i be trying to flash a recovery not compatible with firmware?