15th January 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #11  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 572

988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinjail

can i update my firmware and baseband with odin ? or do you reccommend me downloading clockwork mod and using that instead of teamwin ? i want slim kat .. seems alot better then this 4.1.3 bull**** lol .. althought the bone stock rom was very very very trusty.

my next question is should i instal the firmware first hen the modem then the rom i want ?

I personally like twrp more. yes you can update that stuff with odin i think there are links in the development section. As long as you do a factory reset and dalvik format you should beable to flash whatever you want now. It is recommended to be on at least 4.1.2 modem for ROMs. If you flash the 4.3 modem make sure it is only the modem and not the full firmware. You will be on a locked bootloader if you do.
Last edited by ThePagel; 15th January 2014 at 02:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #12  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 583

1,035 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinjail

can i update my firmware and baseband with odin ? or do you reccommend me downloading clockwork mod and using that instead of teamwin ? i want slim kat .. seems alot better then this 4.1.3 bull**** lol .. althought the bone stock rom was very very very trusty.

my next question is should i instal the firmware first hen the modem then the rom i want ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

I personally like twrp more. yes you can update that stuff with odin i think there are links in the development section. As long as you do a factory reset and dalvik format you should beable to flash whatever you want now. It is recommended to be on at least 4.1.2 modem for ROMs. If you flash the 4.3 modem make sure it is only the modem and not the full firmware. You will be on a locked bootloader if you do.

The basebands available to flash are zips flashable only through recovery. Have been for a while now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread