[Q] can anyone tell me why i cant flash ANY files except firmware.zip???

Search This thread
Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
i cant flash recovery, rom, kernel, radio, or ANYTHING els other than firmware....unlucky for me i dont have a recovery accessible at the moment but i did...not that it helps me now...im not sure where i went wrong...was trying to improve my radio...but at the moment all i can do is boot into RUU and bootloader?!? any suggestions? i have searched up, down, and sideways (both ways) . I keep getting remote not allowed error when trying to fastboot recovery

Last edited:

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
i cant flash recovery, rom, kernel, radio, or ANYTHING els other than firmware....unlucky for me i dont have a recovery accessible at the moment but i did...not that it helps me now...im not sure where i went wrong...was trying to improve my radio...but at the moment all i can do is boot into RUU and bootloader?!? any suggestions? i have searched up, down, and sideways (both ways)

Need more information.
Are you unlocked, S-on or S-off?
Is the device rooted?

Hard to help with the information at hand.

If you can boot into android, go to play store, download GOO.Manager and "install open recovery script." That should get you a working TWRP recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: stephenculkin6277
Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
i now have the tampered flag and showing re-locked...but it was showing re-locked when i last had a successful recovery/rom running

is my bootloader in fact re-locked ( im guessing the reason i keep getting remote not allowed)
i cant seem to find an unlock method that will work... HTCDEV = no good / cant run apk for obvious reasons ( cant boot my baby lol)

Last edited:

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
i now have the tampered flag and showing re-locked...but it was showing re-locked when i last had a successful recovery/rom running

Well there's your problem.
Might want to ask someone here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293919
Or, over in the Rumrunnner thread.

Might be a simple command in adb to re-unlock, not sure.

We are out of my realm of knowledge at this point. Sorry I can''t be of more help. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.

Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
like i said, the ONLY thing i can successfully flash is firmware which is what i dont understand . if i can flash that , wth not recovery? btw im trying to flash recovery clockworkmod 6.0.4.5 . could i be trying to flash a recovery not compatible with firmware?

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
If you are re-locked you will not be able to do anything.

That's where you gotta start. I think thayl0 may be right. Try re-running Rumrunner.

Once you are unlocked, then you will able to install a recovery+++

Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
finally got it fixed! i had to FIND the correct RUU for the firmware im assuming... also by flashing the stock hboot you guys pointed me to. thanks and if anyone else comes across this problem i suggest taking the time to make sure you have compatible RUU and/or other files they r trying to flash. thanks again guys

thayl0

May 26, 2013
finally got it fixed! i had to FIND the correct RUU for the firmware im assuming... also by flashing the stock hboot you guys pointed me to. thanks and if anyone else comes across this problem i suggest taking the time to make sure you have compatible RUU and/or other files they r trying to flash. thanks again guys

Most people tell to flash 1.15 but what they don't know is u can't downgrade your phone. So you half to flash 2.07 or 3.06.

If u need more help. Let me know.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All you gotta do is rerun rumrunner.

i cant flash recovery, rom, kernel, radio, or ANYTHING els other than firmware....unlucky for me i dont have a recovery accessible at the moment but i did...not that it helps me now...im not sure where i went wrong...was trying to improve my radio...but at the moment all i can do is boot into RUU and bootloader?!? any suggestions? i have searched up, down, and sideways (both ways)

Need more information.
    Are you unlocked, S-on or S-off?
    Is the device rooted?

Hard to help with the information at hand.

If you can boot into android, go to play store, download GOO.Manager and "install open recovery script." That should get you a working TWRP recovery.
    i am showing s-off with cid 11111111 rooted with rum runner....but im not sure what my current status is with since the crap hit the fan

Check in bootloader, See if you're still Unlocked S-off.

If so you can re-install a recovery.

Well there's your problem.
    Might want to ask someone here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293919
    Or, over in the Rumrunnner thread.

Might be a simple command in adb to re-unlock, not sure.

We are out of my realm of knowledge at this point. Sorry I can''t be of more help. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out.
    All you gotta do is rerun rumrunner.

Thanks for chiming in thayl0,