T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Thread Closed

Any ideas on how to get the money for the N5?

OP Tanmaynarang

10th January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98

206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey all, I love my N4, but seeing everyone in the android communities with the nexus 5 makes me cry inside, so I wanted to get one. Problem is, I'm 14 which is below the legal age to work, I root/flash/unlock/etc. peoples phones off craigslist, but that isn't too efficient as I get about $40 a week from that IF THAT, and $40 a month goes to my servers, any ideas on how I can make money? Preferably online as I go to school and I can't really do as many things during the day. I know Java, HTML, CSS, a LITTLE JavaScript, Python, C++, and some Lua. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks all! <3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mod edit: Not really what xda is for....thread closed
Last edited by justmpm; 15th January 2014 at 01:40 PM.
10th January 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 117

531 posts
More
Well first, I think this is the wrong forum. Might want to post in Q&A. Secondly, my advice as a guy who has experienced the same phone envy as you is to be patient, save up, and wait for the Nexus 6 to come out and get that. It'll hand better battery life, and you're not making a huge step up. I've tried it out, it's not worth the upgrade if you're strapped for cash.

IF you're still interested in a Nexus 5 in spite of all these discouragements, then my advice is this. Sell your phone, which should net you at least half the value (more if you're crafty) of the Nexus 5, and do some phone repair. With the addition of phone repair, which could give you, say, $80/week or every two weeks, within a month you'll have the proper funds. If you sell your phone, get a dumb phone in the meantime. I'll donate one of my old ones to you for free if you want.

Shovel snow, mow lawns, work your ass off doing odd jobs going door to door until you get that phone (wash windows, teach elderly how to use a computer or tablet, walk dogs). You'll be a better man for it and it'll build up that work ethic. Honestly when I was younger I walked rich people's dogs and made a ton of money, helped me save up for a car.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
12th January 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12,589

3,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmaynarang

Hey all, I love my N4, but seeing everyone in the android communities with the nexus 5 makes me cry inside, so I wanted to get one. Problem is, I'm 14 which is below the legal age to work, I root/flash/unlock/etc. peoples phones off craigslist, but that isn't too efficient as I get about $40 a week from that IF THAT, and $40 a month goes to my servers, any ideas on how I can make money? Preferably online as I go to school and I can't really do as many things during the day. I know Java, HTML, CSS, a LITTLE JavaScript, Python, C++, and some Lua. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks all! <3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say find a part time job with at least 10-18 hours per week, in one or two month (depends upon salary) u'll be able to buy nexus 5 without even selling nexus 4.
12th January 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up Sell it
sell it ? go cex? cashy g?
12th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,345

6,302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamun19911

sell it ? go cex? cashy g?

Make your first ten posts meaningful by preferably answering questions in a Q&A forum or doing concise responds in a general forum?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 709

2,593 posts
Donate to Me
More
how good is your PC? You could set it up as a bit coin Miner, mine a s##tload of bit coins and sell them for a profit?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
14th January 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,661

15,002 posts
More
Yeah, i'm a massive douche, OP

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2609916
14th January 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 960