Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Epic Touch from TextNow Wireless

Tip us?
 
ObeyTheNoob
Old
#1  
ObeyTheNoob's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Samsung Epic Touch from TextNow Wireless

Hey! so i just got this phone from textnow wireless and they use sprint towers i believe.
https://www.textnow.com/wireless/device/2

Q: Will the rooting method still be the same ?
Q: Will rooting and installing a rom make the phone useless or i would just re-download the txtnow app ?

since its powered by textnow app calls and txt msgs go through the textnow app and not by the default txt/call app.

I'll appreciate any help!
 
bilgerryan
Old
#2  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,417
Posts: 15,136
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyTheNoob View Post
Hey! so i just got this phone from textnow wireless and they use sprint towers i believe.
https://www.textnow.com/wireless/device/2

Q: Will the rooting method still be the same ?
Q: Will rooting and installing a rom make the phone useless or i would just re-download the txtnow app ?

since its powered by textnow app calls and txt msgs go through the textnow app and not by the default txt/call app.

I'll appreciate any help!
Sounds the same as FreedomPop, yes the process will be the same and you can install ROMs with no problems

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ObeyTheNoob
Old
#3  
ObeyTheNoob's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Sounds the same as FreedomPop, yes the process will be the same and you can install ROMs with no problems

Thanks Bro!

Sent from my SM-T210 using xda app-developers app
 
bilgerryan
Old
#4  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,417
Posts: 15,136
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyTheNoob View Post
Thanks Bro!

Sent from my SM-T210 using xda app-developers app
Yep just make sure you update your Profile and PRL in System Updates and install the app after flashing a ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
account3r2
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Sounds like you've gotten everything you needed but I feel I should still point out, just for reference to you and anyone else - The phones from Enflick are the exact same as the original models from the carrier, the only thing added is the ad-free TextNow app from Enflick. Enflick even has them pre-rooted before they ship them to you. Or at least all 4 of mine were.

- sent via SPH-D710 Epic 4G Touch (16GB, black, rooted TouchWiz Android 4.1.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to account3r2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes