5,606,722 Members 37,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogen Mod for Virgin Mobile Version?

Tip us?

wilberfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Cyanogen Mod for Virgin Mobile Version?

Forgive me if this has been asked a before, but I just pulled the trigger on the Virgin Mobile version of the Galaxy S3. I had been reading about the wonderful CyanogenMods that are avail, but now I think they were talking about the internation version of the phone?

I need an upgrade from my old LG Optimus V, and will be VERY disappointed if I can't CM it! WIll I be able to mod this new phone with a nifty CM after it arrives? Maybe with a Sprint CM...??

[fingers-crossed]

LG-VM670

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked a before, but I just pulled the trigger on the Virgin Mobile version of the Galaxy S3. I had been reading about the wonderful CyanogenMods that are avail, but now I think they were talking about the internation version of the phone?

I need an upgrade from my old LG Optimus V, and will be VERY disappointed if I can't CM it! WIll I be able to mod this new phone with a nifty CM after it arrives? Maybe with a Sprint CM...??

[fingers-crossed]

Head over to Android Forums, there is a forum specifically for rooted VM users that will give you a lot more answers. We use the Sprint ROM's, but you have to know what you are doing. CM11 runs perfectly for me, it is one of my favorite ROM's, along with CyanFox, but again, you have to know how to modify a couple of things (it's easy, don't worry) in order to flash the Sprint ROM's properly. Once you know how, the XDA forums for Sprint SGS3 are a great resource for finding other ROM's to flash.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...l-things-root/

wilberfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
Head over to Android Forums, there is a forum specifically for rooted VM users that will give you a lot more answers. We use the Sprint ROM's, but you have to know what you are doing. CM11 runs perfectly for me, it is one of my favorite ROM's, along with CyanFox, but again, you have to know how to modify a couple of things (it's easy, don't worry) in order to flash the Sprint ROM's properly. Once you know how, the XDA forums for Sprint SGS3 are a great resource for finding other ROM's to flash.

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobi...l-things-root/
Whew! Okay, sounds like I'm going to be fine... (I've been flashing CM ROMs on the Optimus V for, like, 3 years...so I would assume I wouldn't be too baffled by what's required to get the S3 CM'd... If there are clear instructions, I should be smilin' by next week!

Thanks for the advice!
LG-VM670

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan View Post
Whew! Okay, sounds like I'm going to be fine... (I've been flashing CM ROMs on the Optimus V for, like, 3 years...so I would assume I wouldn't be too baffled by what's required to get the S3 CM'd... If there are clear instructions, I should be smilin' by next week!

Thanks for the advice!
My username is struckn over on Android Forums, check out my tutorial in the sticky thread section. It will explain everything you need to know, including how to root, how to modify Sprint ROM's, and a whole lot more. Feel free to PM me either there or here on XDA for any help or clarification.

wilberfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
You are a Prince, Sir! Thank you so much!
LG-VM670
Tags
virginmobile