Big problems after nandroid restore!

OP ShadowCodeGaming

14th January 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Whiterun, Skyrim
Thanks Meter: 564

2,827 posts
More
So I flashed CM11 on my dads phone, first taking a backup of the rooted stock that was on there. Now when I restore the backup (after full wipe) It freezes and crashes all the time!. It seems as soon as I touch the phone it stops responding to my touch. However the phone still makes the bubble/water sounds when i hit menu key. Please, please help since this is my dads phone.
15th January 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

256 posts
More
Samsung TW based roms stock some apps in the /preload partition so did you use Philz recovery to make nandroid backup and check include preload (located in restore and backup => misc nandroid settings )?
if not then your backup is incomplete and flashing stock rom via odin3 is the best way to revert back.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ASMI1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Whiterun, Skyrim
Thanks Meter: 564

2,827 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASMI1

Samsung TW based roms stock some apps in the /preload partition so did you use Philz recovery to make nandroid backup and check include preload (located in restore and backup => misc nandroid settings )?
if not then your backup is incomplete and flashing stock rom via odin3 is the best way to revert back.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Ah, my backup doesn't include preload. If I reverted to stock via Odin, would I still be able to restore just data?

Sent from my CM-powered Sensation
15th January 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2,689

7,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCodeGaming

Ah, my backup doesn't include preload. If I reverted to stock via Odin, would I still be able to restore just data?

Sent from my CM-powered Sensation

After flashing using Odin, rooting using Philz kernel to get cwm, you can do an advanced restore of just data. It might not restore 100% data but should restore enough.
PS. Preload is only used if you had JB earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread