Originally Posted by lafangey740
Ok so formatted the 8gb SD card into half.
Then flash cm11 without cmfilemanager and documentui apk
rebooted and flashed gapps (did not ask for any setup)
rebooted and flashed cm11 patch.
Now I still don't see the google play store. I went to settings and added a gmail account. I do see google play services running. But no hint of google play store anywhere. Am I supposed to install it from somewhere as well, or was it supposed to show up automatically?
Do I need to still do something. I don't even see the google play store.
What should I do now?
wohoooooo! it works! amazing hai bhai! Thanks a lot yaar. It was really confusing and difficult for me, but you were very patient with me!
these are exact steps I followed:
1. Reboot into recovery > mount and storage >
a. Format System (not wipe option but format option !!!)
b. Format Data
c. Format Cache then Format Boot > now go back
d. Wipe Data/Factory reset (1st option in wipe/format menu)
e. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
2. Partition SD Card
In recovery go to advanced-> select partition sd card-> select the size you want-> select swap size 0..
3. Copy CM11 zip to the sd card and delete following from the zip in system/app folder
CMFilemanager.apk, Basicdreams.apk, DocumentsUI.apk, Printspooler.apk and WhisperPush.apk
4. Also download CM11 Patch from here and copy into SD card
5. Then download gapps from this link and copy into SD card
6. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > choose zip > flash cm11 > reboot
7. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > flash gapps > reboot
8. Power off > reboot into recovery > install zip from sd card > flash cm11 patch > reboot
9. add an account in settings > gmail
10. open and download apps from google play store
I have saved above steps so I can follow them again if needed. I really appreciate your help. But I do have a few questions:
1. I really liked the default email client of android that came with htc explorer. Is there some email client for CM11 android 4.4.2 that I can download and install. Please also tell how I can install apk now. I have 5-6 email accounts that I want to add in one app.
2. I also like the task manager. Do I have an option regarding this?
3. Which browser should I download? opera mini, opera full, chrome, ff? as earlier setup allowed only mini I don't know if I can burden the phone with huge app
4. what other things can I do that can make the phone more exciting? some tricks/app that are lightweight and awesome
5. how do I get google maps?
6. there is only 1 screen. Original one had about 7 screens that i could swipe left/right. no such thing here. Does android 4.4.2 lack multiple screen support?
7. the downloads folder crashes and closes immediately. I get a lot of files via email. any way to view downloaded files?
Thanks a lot again dada