Nexus color temp uniformity

Tip us?

pokevitek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nexus color temp uniformity

Hello,
I just got "new" Nexus 7, and I think it is a great device, but there is one thing that bothers me. The display has color temp uniformity issues. If I hold Nexus front camera top, screen gets yellowish towards bottom of the device. It is a slight deviation, not yellow spots, but I can see it, and my brain keeps focusing at it . Of course, it is most noticable on pure white background.

So, I wanted to ask, is this a common behavior? Does every (or many) Nexus 7s have the same color temp issue, or do you have perfectly even display, and mine is somehow corrupted? Thank you

N7U
Old
Thanks Meter 0
We have the exact same thing with the two of our activated Nexus 7's (16GB), probably same batch. Bluish on the camera side, yellowish on the usb port side. On top of that mine seems to have a speck of dirt behind the glass... It's barely noticable with normal usage though. I'm considering buying a 32GB model and selling this one. I'm guessing (hoping) it's not too common, since this is the only post I could find about this (slight) issue.