5,597,354 Members 32,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Download the new OTA update? (Rooted I535)

Tip us?

StainlessSteelRat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
You're welcom, anytime. No I don't have one for Dummies for this model, but I found that the only way it will stick to your brain where you learn by doing it, if you just read it won't stick. There're many threads in this forum (sticky) which you can read, but again I found that when you run into issue and actually got the answer and solved with your own hands then that's how you learn and don't be afraid to ask...Many of us here to help...with pleasure!!
Yes, the thanks button indicated that I did help you or at least trying to help you and you're appreciated. Happy on both side!
You're my hero, man, I really like that I'll be able to try out Cyanogen, but later when I am ready. All down to you.

SSR
The Following User Says Thank You to StainlessSteelRat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdulmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, that's what I figured. I think I am going to give Cyanogenmod a shot.

One more quick question. I used CASUAL to unlock bootloader/root. So I can use CLOCKWORKMOD to flash Cyanogenmod?
Sorry for all the silly Newb questions. This is the first time I've had to deal with a bootloader.

Thanks Again,

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulmer View Post
Ok, that's what I figured. I think I am going to give Cyanogenmod a shot.

One more quick question. I used CASUAL to unlock bootloader/root. So I can use CLOCKWORKMOD to flash Cyanogenmod?
Sorry for all the silly Newb questions. This is the first time I've had to deal with a bootloader.

Thanks Again,

yes u can .u can use any type of custom recovery to flash roms
if u wanna flash a kitkat rom make sure u have the latest version of the recovery.
did u double check to make sure u have root and unlock bootloader .
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdulmer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it's unlocked, rooted and backed up. Thanks again for the help.

I'll flash Cyanogenmod, when I get home tonight.