MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Please help a slow kid

15th January 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Ok. First of all yes I have tried searching and reading. I never had any problem with my DROID X2 which is all the experience I have. However with all the different base build recover safe strap I'm getting highly confused

I have the Verizon S4. I got it when it was still new. I was able to get Clockwork Recovery installed. I've been using Hyperdrive. Went trying to go from 10.2 to 12 it worked but I have sever issuses. Google account looses all my info. Google search crashes every 10 seconds. S voice wake up cannot be enabled. Samsung Account asks to endlessly update.

I figure I need to update my phone build? I keep reading you lose your recovery? Please help.

Thank you so much for your time as I'm sure it's valuable and I appreciate any you spend helping me.
15th January 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 110

187 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucanesti

Ok. First of all yes I have tried searching and reading. I never had any problem with my DROID X2 which is all the experience I have. However with all the different base build recover safe strap I'm getting highly confused

I have the Verizon S4. I got it when it was still new. I was able to get Clockwork Recovery installed. I've been using Hyperdrive. Went trying to go from 10.2 to 12 it worked but I have sever issuses. Google account looses all my info. Google search crashes every 10 seconds. S voice wake up cannot be enabled. Samsung Account asks to endlessly update.

I figure I need to update my phone build? I keep reading you lose your recovery? Please help.

Thank you so much for your time as I'm sure it's valuable and I appreciate any you spend helping me.

Do NOT update your phone build or you will surely regret it. Have you tried wiping and reinstalling hyperdrive? Or re downloading then reinstalling? Or tried a different rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to gnubian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
So my old phone build that had 4.2 on it can run the newer 4.3 build for hyperdrive?

I verify checksums. Always wipe cache data dalvik
15th January 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 110

187 posts
More
Quote:

So my old phone build that had 4.2 on it can run the newer 4.3 build for hyperdrive?

Yes. You should be able to run any rom for the s4 if you are on the mdk build with a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to gnubian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:

you need to do some reading.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
15th January 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Wow. I could just flash cwm?
15th January 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:

Wow. I could just flash cwm?

If it's mdk...

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank