[Q] GT N7100 Phoenix Rom Installation (Newbie Here!)

Search This thread

Nomad81

Jan 13, 2014
Manila
I was about to post this question on Tamirda's thread, but I cannot as per XDA forum rules.

Hi XDA, Custom Rom newbie here!

I have a GT-N7100 running on Android 4.3 (N7100XXUEMJ9).

I followed the instructions from Tamirda's thread but cannot seem to install Phoenix Rom. I was able to root my phone using PhilzTouch_6.07.9 and SuperSU. Then i tried to install the zip of the rom using PhilzTouch, as the installation progress, the installation suddenly freezes. I have no idea why? I had tried this twice.

Another question, I read from the same forum to install the MJ5 bootloader, but when I flash it with Odin, it always freezes. I am now running on a rooted stock rom.

What am I doing wrong? I am so eager to install this ROM, help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.
-Nomad81

Last edited:

puddingoz

Jan 29, 2014
Melbourne
phoenix n7100

I was about to post this question on Tamirda's thread, but I cannot as per XDA forum rules.

I followed the instructions from Tamirda's thread but cannot seem to install Phoenix Rom. I was able to root my phone using PhilzTouch_6.07.9 and SuperSU. Then i tried to install the zip of the rom using PhilzTouch, as the installation progress, the installation suddenly freezes. I have no idea why? I had tried this twice.

Another question, I read from the same forum to install the MJ5 bootloader, but when I flash it with Odin, it always freezes. I am now running on a rooted stock rom.

What am I doing wrong? I am so eager to install this ROM, help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.
-Nomad81

Hello mate, I am a newbie too and I flashed this rom onto my n7100 last week and works great. The problem is the version of Philz recovery is wrong, you MUST use version 5.15 to install this rom or it will freeze. I had the same problem as you but Philz ver 5.15 fixed it , install 5.15 then try flashing bootloader with Odin then install rom, good luck.from oz (THIS ROM IS AWESOME)

Reactions: Nomad81

Nomad81

Jan 13, 2014
Manila
Hello mate, I am a newbie too and I flashed this rom onto my n7100 last week and works great. The problem is the version of Philz recovery is wrong, you MUST use version 5.15 to install this rom or it will freeze. I had the same problem as you but Philz ver 5.15 fixed it , install 5.15 then try flashing bootloader with Odin then install rom, good luck.from oz (THIS ROM IS AWESOME)

Puddingoz,

Thanks mate! I will try it this weekened. I am now using ProBam Rom (Kitkat 4.4.2), everything is fine, but will definitely try Phoenix Rom!

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    phoenix n7100

Thank You.
    -Nomad81