Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help a Noob?

OP kmages

9th January 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #1  
kmages's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.
9th January 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Vinchenzop's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,679
 
5,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmages

Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.

Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinchenzop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 339
 
1,393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop

Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner

You also have to reset the tampered flag for fingerprint scanner to work.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540024
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #4  
DeadPhoenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 104
 
296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop

Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner

Technically speaking. You won't "Re-lock" your bootloader you will just change the flag to be Locked and the fingerprint scanner will work again.

This Thread covers it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004
Last edited by DeadPhoenix; 14th January 2014 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadPhoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 339
 
1,393 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix

Technically speaking. You won't "Re-lock" your bootloader you will just change the flag to be Locked and the fingerprint scanner will work again.

This Thread covers it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004

To clarify it does change the bootloader flag to locked which does in effect make the bootloader locked again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

not sure what youre asking. locked is locked... this leaves the "lock status" flag that tells hboot wether to be unlocked or not, in a locked state,just as it came out of the box.

if you mean "does the lock status flag need to tell hboot to be locked in order for the fingerprint scanner to work" then the answer is yes. hex editing hboot to make the unlocked banner read "locked" does absolutely nothing functionally. whatever partition controls the fingerprint scanner is looking at the lock status flag itself,and could care less what hboots banner reads

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes