I'm having a problem with my smartphone and i felt like this is the #1 place to ask for guidance on android issues over the interwebz.
I have a low-budget Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
It's running what it came with, Android 2.3.6 / Gingerbread.XXLK3.
30 minutes after having it, i foolishly decided i need more internal memory and rooted the device, in order to remove the useless apps on it.
It was a total slaughter. I think i even pwnd Samsung Apps app.
Anyway, device worked well for months after the bloody carnage, but recently backfired right into my face with random shutdowns.
I have no proper idea on the reasoning of these shutdowns but i've collected some data on the subject, here they are;
- It randomly shuts down almost every day. Just 3-5 times a day if it's on a good mood. Over 10-12 if it feels down.
- Device never shuts down while being charged or connected through USB.
- Device usually shuts down after i used power button to lock the screen.
- It's not being locked on black screen, it definitelly shuts down, not properly tho. (no small time vibrating)
- I feel like front sensors (which turns off the screen during calls) might be causing this, because lately it's shutting down whilst calls on my face. I even managed to shut it down by wiping the mentioned sensors with my thumb.
- Sometimes it can be shut down by brute force. I mean putting it down to table a little bit harder than average.
- My SDCard is problematic, it gets unmounted and says its damaged but i tend to ignore it and just reply with "sssh everything is gonna be alright" (format and reuse)
- I have only a handful of apps which contains bank & password apps etc. Nothing serious going on with my services.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU RECOGNIZE THE SEMPTOMS.
What should i do? A custom rom? New battery?
Thanks in advance.