NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Newest MagioRom hanging

OP ExDelayed

10th January 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
I finally got S-Off, and thought life was good. Installed the newest MagioRom (I had a much older version), but now the phone just hangs. The ROM attempts to load, goes through its splash screen, then the screen turns white with a green HTC in the center, and the buttons light up. After about a minute, the screen will darken. The screen buttons will make the phone vibrate, but they don't do anything. Occasionally, between the splash screen and the white screen, the taskbar will appear at the top. The phone shows no signal, but trying to pull the bar down does nothing. The ROM was a clean install with a full wipe. The power button will bring up the power menu, but selecting anything gets stuck and I have to do a hard reset. I powered it down through the bootloader. Any ideas?

I'm S-off (finally), CID 11111111, HBoot 2.16.0000 and radio 1.20.50.05.16

EDIT: And just found that the sdcard won't mount.
Last edited by ExDelayed; 10th January 2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: .
11th January 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 7

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here is a link to fix your sd-card:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...630459&page=36
12th January 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salt Lake City

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannte

Here is a link to fix your sd-card

Thats what I was thinking it was. It did get worse before it got better. Trying to pull out of it gave the phone a bootloop at the white HTC screen. I finally quit trying to fix it per all the unmounted sdcard threads and tried an RUU. It boots now, but hangs as it is trying to load the sdcard. The OEM recovery can't see it either. I've even done the clear storage and factory reset in the bootloader to see if it would help. The only thing that I have got out of it is losing my "tampered" warning at the top.

Could my sdcard be dead?
12th January 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Enschede

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's not very likely that your sd-card is dead because it is just a partition, so if your sdcard is dead your phone probably wouldn't work at all.
Normally I should say that it would be a firmware, partition problem or a bad flash but the RUU should have fixed that.

I have two question if the answers are both yes than i have no other idea's and would advise you to return it for warranty and hope for the best.

1. Did you run an signed RUU.exe file. The filename should look like something like this: RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe
2. Did the RUU run without any errors?

You could also try to run the RUU one's more or try another RUU, you should get the right one matching provider and country/region.
Here is a list of RUU's for the htc one s:
http://www.androidruu.com/index.php?developer=Ville

One last thing did you change your CID, that is also known to cause problems.

If you want to return it for warranty then I wrote a guide how to get your phone completely back to stock:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606312

You could also just relock it and then return it but they maybe let you pay then.
12th January 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salt Lake City

8 posts
More
Quote:

1. Did you run an signed RUU.exe file. The filename should look like something like this: RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe
2. Did the RUU run without any errors?

I ran: RUU_Ville_U_TMOUS_1.84.531.2_R2_Radio_0.16.31501S. 16_2_10.22.31501S.10L_release_263233_signed.exe
It ran without any problems.

Quote:

Here is a list of RUU's for the htc one s:
http://www.androidruu.com/index.php?developer=Ville
One last thing did you change your CID, that is also known to cause problems.

That is where I picked this RUU up from.
I am CID: 11111111

Quote:

If you want to return it for warranty then I wrote a guide how to get your phone completely back to stock:

I doubt it even still has one, I bought it a week after it made it to the US market.
13th January 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #6  
Flag Enschede

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I ran: RUU_Ville_U_TMOUS_1.84.531.2_R2_Radio_0.16.31501S. 16_2_10.22.31501S.10L_release_263233_signed.exe
It ran without any problems.

Try this RUU it's a newer version:
http://www.androidruu.com/getdownloa...gned_ICS_2.exe

Quote:

I am CID: 11111111

If you're still S-OFF, try changing your CID back to the original, it's probably: T-MOB010
You can change your CID by typing: 'fastboot oem writecid yourCIDnumber' when you are in fastboot mode.

You can also use one of the HTC One S toolkits like Hasoon200 toolkit or the toolkit form squabbi.

Quote:

I doubt it even still has one, I bought it a week after it made it to the US market.

In Europe you get 2 year's of warranty (In some countries even without a receipt), I don't know the US rules though.
15th January 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #7  

38 posts
why my one s usually have some reboot????????

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread