Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

videos getting stuck need help !!!!

Tip us?

Mohammed97
Old
(Last edited by Mohammed97; 15th January 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Video videos getting stuck need help !!!!

Hey , since 2 to 3 days I'm having this problem with my galaxy grand that while watching a video its getting stuck its not hanging or anything it just stops for a second

I tried using other players also other videos even downloaded anti-viruses like Avast etc and they show no errors

This even happens when I'm watching a video or movie on youtube

I even deleted some suspicious files but didn't work any help ??

##W4TCH0UT##
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed97 View Post
Hey , since 2 to 3 days I'm having this problem with my galaxy grand that while watching a video its getting stuck its not hanging or anything it just stops for a second

I tried using other players also other videos even downloaded anti-viruses like Avast etc and they show no errors

Uninstall the anti-virus software, I think that is causing the problem ,
Also I think that it is a problem inside the rom,
I think it must be too much ram usage.
Are u using stock rom or custom rom
Kernels are my speciality....

My Works:
Kernels:
Galaxy Grand Duos:
*DedS 4.4 Kernel

Galaxy Grand 2:
*DedS v2 4.4 KK Kernel

Motorola Moto X:
*Drool 4.4 KK Kernel

ROM's:
Xiaomi Mi 3:
VanirAOSP 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to ##W4TCH0UT## For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:

The best anti virus is common sense. Anti virus software will only slow down your system, be it your phone, your PC, your laptop, etc.

Please provide as many information as you can. What firmware are you using? What Android version? What video players did you try? It looks like a regular lag/stutter for me. Remember that Grand is not a fast phone, try not to play full HD videos with massive bitrate.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mohammed97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal View Post
Uninstall the anti-virus software, I think that is causing the problem ,
Also I think that it is a problem inside the rom,
I think it must be too much ram usage.
Are u using stock rom or custom rom
Stock rom
But u maybe ryt I downloaded gta san andreas on my phone just recently do u think its cuz of that??

Mohammed97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
The best anti virus is common sense. Anti virus software will only slow down your system, be it your phone, your PC, your laptop, etc.

Please provide as many information as you can. What firmware are you using? What Android version? What video players did you try? It looks like a regular lag/stutter for me. Remember that Grand is not a fast phone, try not to play full HD videos with massive bitrate.
I'm using stock rom jellybean 4.2.2 and I watch lots of movies, series, Videos, etc on mx player but since some time videos n stuff r getting stuck so I tried to watch in bs player , the prob prevailed, I downloaded anti-viruses and scanned my phone several times it shows that there is no prob in it.

I still have 400 MB on my internal memory and I recently downloaded gta san andreas on my phone which works perfectly fine without lagging

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
I'm using stock rom jellybean 4.2.2 and I watch lots of movies, series, Videos, etc on mx player but since some time videos n stuff r getting stuck so I tried to watch in bs player , the prob prevailed, I downloaded anti-viruses and scanned my phone several times it shows that there is no prob in it.

I still have 400 MB on my internal memory and I recently downloaded gta san andreas on my phone which works perfectly fine without lagging
Uninstall the anti viruses dude. There's no need to install such thing on other systems than Windows XP.
Are the videos HD (720p/1080p) with high bitrate? I personally had lags and stutter while playing a 6 mbps H.264 1080p video on Vplayer, so this could be the issue.
Do you have any app running in the background while playing the video?
Do you use SW/software or HW/hardware decoder in the player setting? I personally had massive lag using software decoder on Vplayer.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

Mohammed97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
Uninstall the anti viruses dude. There's no need to install such thing on other systems than Windows XP.
Are the videos HD (720p/1080p) with high bitrate? I personally had lags and stutter while playing a 6 mbps H.264 1080p video on Vplayer, so this could be the issue.
Do you have any app running in the background while playing the video?
Do you use SW/software or HW/hardware decoder in the player setting? I personally had massive lag using software decoder on Vplayer.
I have been watching these series since long time but since sometime it started lagging. Its the same quality in all the videos

I trief both hardware and software decoders but it lags in both.

There are no apps running in the background.

But my ram isn't reducing from 500MB is that a factor.