Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

videos getting stuck need help !!!!

OP Mohammed97

15th January 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Hey , since 2 to 3 days I'm having this problem with my galaxy grand that while watching a video its getting stuck its not hanging or anything it just stops for a second

I tried using other players also other videos even downloaded anti-viruses like Avast etc and they show no errors

This even happens when I'm watching a video or movie on youtube

I even deleted some suspicious files but didn't work any help ??
Last edited by Mohammed97; 15th January 2014 at 04:13 PM.
15th January 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Town of ROMs
Thanks Meter: 769

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed97

Hey , since 2 to 3 days I'm having this problem with my galaxy grand that while watching a video its getting stuck its not hanging or anything it just stops for a second

I tried using other players also other videos even downloaded anti-viruses like Avast etc and they show no errors

Uninstall the anti-virus software, I think that is causing the problem ,
Also I think that it is a problem inside the rom,
I think it must be too much ram usage.
Are u using stock rom or custom rom
The Following User Says Thank You to ##W4TCH0UT## For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238

437 posts
More
Quote:

The best anti virus is common sense. Anti virus software will only slow down your system, be it your phone, your PC, your laptop, etc.

Please provide as many information as you can. What firmware are you using? What Android version? What video players did you try? It looks like a regular lag/stutter for me. Remember that Grand is not a fast phone, try not to play full HD videos with massive bitrate.
The Following User Says Thank You to naufalhadyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal

Uninstall the anti-virus software, I think that is causing the problem ,
Also I think that it is a problem inside the rom,
I think it must be too much ram usage.
Are u using stock rom or custom rom

Stock rom
But u maybe ryt I downloaded gta san andreas on my phone just recently do u think its cuz of that??
15th January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

The best anti virus is common sense. Anti virus software will only slow down your system, be it your phone, your PC, your laptop, etc.

Please provide as many information as you can. What firmware are you using? What Android version? What video players did you try? It looks like a regular lag/stutter for me. Remember that Grand is not a fast phone, try not to play full HD videos with massive bitrate.

I'm using stock rom jellybean 4.2.2 and I watch lots of movies, series, Videos, etc on mx player but since some time videos n stuff r getting stuck so I tried to watch in bs player , the prob prevailed, I downloaded anti-viruses and scanned my phone several times it shows that there is no prob in it.

I still have 400 MB on my internal memory and I recently downloaded gta san andreas on my phone which works perfectly fine without lagging
15th January 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 238

437 posts
More
Quote:

I'm using stock rom jellybean 4.2.2 and I watch lots of movies, series, Videos, etc on mx player but since some time videos n stuff r getting stuck so I tried to watch in bs player , the prob prevailed, I downloaded anti-viruses and scanned my phone several times it shows that there is no prob in it.

I still have 400 MB on my internal memory and I recently downloaded gta san andreas on my phone which works perfectly fine without lagging

Uninstall the anti viruses dude. There's no need to install such thing on other systems than Windows XP.
Are the videos HD (720p/1080p) with high bitrate? I personally had lags and stutter while playing a 6 mbps H.264 1080p video on Vplayer, so this could be the issue.
Do you have any app running in the background while playing the video?
Do you use SW/software or HW/hardware decoder in the player setting? I personally had massive lag using software decoder on Vplayer.
15th January 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

Uninstall the anti viruses dude. There's no need to install such thing on other systems than Windows XP.
Are the videos HD (720p/1080p) with high bitrate? I personally had lags and stutter while playing a 6 mbps H.264 1080p video on Vplayer, so this could be the issue.
Do you have any app running in the background while playing the video?
Do you use SW/software or HW/hardware decoder in the player setting? I personally had massive lag using software decoder on Vplayer.

I have been watching these series since long time but since sometime it started lagging. Its the same quality in all the videos

I trief both hardware and software decoders but it lags in both.

There are no apps running in the background.

But my ram isn't reducing from 500MB is that a factor.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread