Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Add blocker on rt?

Tip us?

CoopZor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Add blocker on rt?

I'm looking in to buying a rt tab, more specific the surface 2.
I know I can't have everything but is there a way to install a add blocker?

Are there things to do as we android hardcore users are always dooing stuff to make the experience better on our devices.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Within IE, the built-in Tracking Protection feature makes a pretty good ad-blocker (there's only one 'd' in 'ad' or 'advertising', by the way; 'add' is a verb meaning to combine things or create a sum). Outside of IE, your best bet is to either use a custom HOSTS file (you may need to tell Windows Defender to exclude the HOSTS file from monitoring, as it resists efforts to change it) or use an ad-filtering proxy server.

These are approximately the same way the Android tools (that I'm aware of) work, by the way.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

cx1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopZor View Post
I'm looking in to buying a rt tab, more specific the surface 2.
I know I can't have everything but is there a way to install a add blocker?

Are there things to do as we android hardcore users are always dooing stuff to make the experience better on our devices.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk

You can edit the host same as pc. Just need to add host to exclude on Defender or it will revert.
Giant signatures are annoying.