No registration required

Phone not detected by windows 7 help!

OP kshah1606

8th January 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 10

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshah1606

I was able to boot to download mode by holding the vol +/- key and then plugging in the USB cable but there is no movement from the computer it doesn't make a sound nor does it detect. I tried restarting the phone then I get a notification on windows that USB device not recognised!

Are you saying to get a balloon notification in the tray that says the USB device is not recognized? A possible reason for that is a faulty USB cable or USB port (funny enough, I actually got that message last night when I was playing around with my Captivate, and switching USB ports made it work). I know you said you've tried other computers an another USB cable, but that's about my only idea. Maybe there's some debris inside the connector that's messing up the connection.

When you say you changed the "USB flex cable", are you talking about the internal connector and board inside the phone? If so, perhaps the I777 connector board is actually a little different than the I9100 board and causing a compatibility issue.

The bug in UCKK6 related to wifi didn't affect everybody, but it definitely affected a lot of people (based upon reports here).
The Following User Says Thank You to jpasher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #12  
Flag St. Paul
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
More
Quote:

How would I be able to change the ROM if the phone is not detected

If you have an SD card, you can download another ROM on that SD card from your computer and then you can install custom recovery (CWM) and then install the ROM from SD card.
9th January 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #13  
Flag Oklahoma City

30 posts
More
Quote:

How would I be able to change the ROM if the phone is not detected

First ill run you through the problem I had. Just for reference did you use Mr. Cooks script before flashing Cyanogenmod 11? One of his scripts for cleaning before flashing, actually deletes a certain file, not to keen on which one. What it results in though is not being able to flash OF ROMS and some certain custom ROMS! So id recommend alliance's ROM! As for the "Getting the ROM on your device, you could put the ROM on your SD though recovery "Mount and storage/Mount mass storage/" or just use a micro sd card adapter and move it on there that way.
14th January 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Thanks for your reply. Would you mind sending me the link on how to do that step by step as mentioned I'm new to Samsung phones and also this forum.
Your help is appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
15th January 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #15  

17 posts
Quote:

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind sending me the link on how to do that step by step as mentioned I'm new to Samsung phones and also this forum.

What state is your phone currently in? Is it still not detected by the computer? You are still on 2.3.6, correct?

If it's still not being detected by your computer, I'm not sure if you can flash anything needed using the stock recovery. I know that when I flashed stock JB, I was able to boot into stock recovery and directly apply the standard CWM update file here. It will give boot into a temporary CWM that should allow you to flash other ZIP files (like a ROM), although I had trouble doing that (so I ended up flashing the AJK_v4.9_NoSwap.zip kernel using the MobileOdin android app, which gave a permanent CWM recovery).

I'm not sure if this same process works with the 2.3.6 recovery. However, in order to get the stock recovery to see the internal SD card, I had to run adb shell commands to mount the partition (meaning I had to have a working connection from the computer).
15th January 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Thumbs up Solved!!!
HI Guys,

Many many thanks for all your responses!

I have changed the USB flex cable again to an older version v2.2 and my phone is currently being detected by kies! So relieved thanks a lot for all your help..now the rooting begins!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kshah1606 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread