FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

KitKat and Instagram, Vine etc....

15th January 2014, 07:25 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I've installed OMNI rom, Slim Kat, and Beanstalk. All of these roms were not able to record and upload video to Instagram and Vine. Am I missing something here?

I've asked around the forums in the thread for the actual roms and haven't gotten an answer. Is there a work around?

I am currently on Slim Kat 4.4
 
 
15th January 2014, 01:41 PM |#2  
Mtsprite's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

I've installed OMNI rom, Slim Kat, and Beanstalk. All of these roms were not able to record and upload video to Instagram and Vine. Am I missing something here?

I've asked around the forums in the thread for the actual roms and haven't gotten an answer. Is there a work around?

I am currently on Slim Kat 4.4

Kit Kat is still in development and there are still bugs with it most notably the camera, though i personally have not encountered these issues.
15th January 2014, 05:23 PM |#3  
ericsdeadinside's Avatar
Senior Member
Liverpool, NY
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
No. Vine won't recognize KK and close, and Instagram will record video and then die when trying to apply a filter/upload. Can't get a real answer if it's the rom or the apps not working on KK.
15th January 2014, 07:42 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
When you say you have not encountered this. Are you saying you're on KitKat and able to do those things?
15th January 2014, 08:02 PM |#5  
ericsdeadinside's Avatar
Senior Member
Liverpool, NY
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchMob

When you say you have not encountered this. Are you saying you're on KitKat and able to do those things?

No one has been able to upload a Vine/Instagram video.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericsdeadinside For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 08:06 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsdeadinside

No one has been able to upload a Vine/Instagram video.

Oh ok. MTSprite's comment made it seem like he is able too. I was reading that Kit Kit wont be out for the S3 till April. I'm assuming that is when we will have a KitKat rom that actually supports those camera apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes