XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Please: Infuse steps to custom ROM

Tip us?

reachmaster500
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeka View Post
Is this method still working for you? I mean any weird issues yet?
I'm not the type that will change thing often so i stayed with 2.3.6 after seeing what i had to go through everytime something went wrong.can the same be done with CM11 maybe?
i might just give it a try
Thanks
Yeah. Actually, I did it yesterday. It worked fine for me. The last wipe isn't ABSOLUTELY required, but I do it every time (the ROM tends to be a bit buggy then). But yeah, it works. Make a backup of apps and whatnot, wipe data, cache (you don't have to wipe dalvik cache), install the ROM, reboot (if it doesn't automatically), install ROM, GApps, wipe again and reboot. And your done! Lemme know if it doesn't work.

eksasol
Old
(Last edited by eksasol; 12th January 2014 at 12:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 665
I followed this instruction to get into CM rom. Apparently, after flashing the rom, I have to not do anything and immediately reboot and let it stuck at the kernel screen. My mistake was wiping or flashing before rebooting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I18O4JsUW7I

It definitely is slower than my N4, but I can't wait to load some FLAC to it and enjoy the Wolfson DAC. I was going to repurchase the Samsung Captivate again, but I saw this model with larger screen and 0.2ghz faster so I went with it.

mikeka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmaster500 View Post
Yeah. Actually, I did it yesterday. It worked fine for me. The last wipe isn't ABSOLUTELY required, but I do it every time (the ROM tends to be a bit buggy then). But yeah, it works. Make a backup of apps and whatnot, wipe data, cache (you don't have to wipe dalvik cache), install the ROM, reboot (if it doesn't automatically), install ROM, GApps, wipe again and reboot. And your done! Lemme know if it doesn't work.
I tried to install kitkat 4.4.215 from GB CWM and i got a warning saying that partitions are incompatible and that all data will be wiped etc, should i proceed? all data has been backed up but is the partition warning something to worry about?

Thanks

Fullmetal Jun
Old
(Last edited by Fullmetal Jun; 12th January 2014 at 11:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I tried to install kitkat 4.4.215 from GB CWM and i got a warning saying that partitions are incompatible and that all data will be wiped etc, should i proceed? all data has been backed up but is the partition warning something to worry about?

Thanks
I strongly recommend to first go to CM9 to update the CWM. These are the instructions of the ROM developer who knows what he is talking. It takes less than 5 minutes to flash cm9 from stock GB with red CWM.After cm9, CWM will be blue, then flash again followed by cm9 gapps, wipe partition, reboot system(follow previous guide). Then flash CM11 with cm11 gapps(choose Paranoid Android mini modular gapps).
In all will take less than 10 minutes to flash cm9 and cm11. After flashing each ROM, do only default procedures and nothing else and flash again
Flash CM9 first!!!
The partition alert is normal. Just install ROM again with specific gapps
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently
The Following User Says Thank You to Fullmetal Jun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikeka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
I strongly recommend to first go to CM9 to update the CWM. These are the instructions of the ROM developer who knows what he is talking. It takes less than 5 minutes to flash cm9 from stock GB with red CWM.After cm9, CWM will be blue, then flash again followed by cm9 gapps, wipe partition, reboot system(follow previous guide). Then flash CM11 with cm11 gapps(choose Paranoid Android mini modular gapps).
In all will take less than 10 minutes to flash cm9 and cm11. After flashing each ROM, do only default procedures and nothing else and flash again
Flash CM9 first!!!
The partition alert is normal. Just install ROM again with specific gapps
I made it to CM11, and don't want to have to do this again.. what do you recommend to back up the rom with the way it is now? i mean for me to be able to restore it the way it is now.. please tell me it's possible, lo
I appreciate all the help and patience you guys have with new users
Thanks

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
I made it to CM11, and don't want to have to do this again.. what do you recommend to back up the rom with the way it is now? i mean for me to be able to restore it the way it is now.. please tell me it's possible, lo
I appreciate all the help and patience you guys have with new users
Thanks
U are on cm11. If you are not getting any errors, enjoy it. If any future problems,a reboot of phone is sufficient. Any big errors or heavy battery draining, then just flash cm11 ROM and gapps again followed by wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
For backups, if you want to have game and apps data stored for easy restore, use titanium backup pro and if u can't afford it, I regret to say, but side download it
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently

eksasol
Old
Thanks Meter 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
U are on cm11. If you are not getting any errors, enjoy it. If any future problems,a reboot of phone is sufficient. Any big errors or heavy battery draining, then just flash cm11 ROM and gapps again followed by wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
For backups, if you want to have game and apps data stored for easy restore, use titanium backup pro and if u can't afford it, I regret to say, but side download it
There are alternatives like Helium and Super Backup. I don't really use Titanium Backup myself.

reachmaster500
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Thanks
No. That is normal. When you try to flash the ROM again, it will reboot automatically. It will bring you back to an updated blue CWM. Then just flash the ROM and GApps and wipe. Then reboot. Hope that helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to reachmaster500 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]