Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I go from ME7 to MJ7?

Tip us?

Ryukouki
Old
(Last edited by Ryukouki; 15th January 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy [Q] How do I go from ME7 to MJ7?

Hi guys, I'm currently running a Hyperdrive RLS10 ROM, but I'm looking into the future with the new KitKat release, and I was interested in trying some of those features when sbreen updates his Hyperdrive ROM. Thing is, I'm a Verizon ME7 user with an MDK phone, and I have no idea how to take advantage of these new features, as from what I read so far, a simple reflash won't work. Can someone tell me exactly what I have to do to get from ME7 to MJ7 and still have my app data and messages? The rest I could reconfigure but I really need to keep the app data.

I've read things about having to ODIN back to stock, and whatnot, but won't that technically kill all the stuff on my phone with no recovery? :/

EDIT: after a bit of looking I'm reading that since I have an MDK phone it's actually fairly valuable for this, but I don't get exactly what for.

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukouki View Post

EDIT: after a bit of looking I'm reading that since I have an MDK phone it's actually fairly valuable for this, but I don't get exactly what for.
Because you can flash ROMs via TWRP.
MDK has the LOKI exploit available with a bootloader that can be bypassed or hijacked.
Look in the ROM area.
You will find what you need.
There are ROMs based on MJ7 4.3 that won't screw up your phone.
You just need TWRP.

Ryukouki
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
Because you can flash ROMs via TWRP.
MDK has the LOKI exploit available with a bootloader that can be bypassed or hijacked.
Look in the ROM area.
You will find what you need.
There are ROMs based on MJ7 4.3 that won't screw up your phone.
You just need TWRP.
Will I need to ODIN or any of that though? And Hyperdrive is at the moment based on 4.3 MJ7 so all I need to do is have TWRP and then I can just flash RLS12 onto my phone like a regular ROM installation?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukouki View Post
Will I need to ODIN or any of that though? And Hyperdrive is at the moment based on 4.3 MJ7 so all I need to do is have TWRP and then I can just flash RLS12 onto my phone like a regular ROM installation?
what recovery do have loaded and how did you flash HD10? You would flash any custom rom the same way. As long as you haven't taken any OTAs or odin'd a higher level firmware you should be good to go
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3