Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [SOLVED]No network with new SIM card on Ace 2 with TeamCanjica CM 10.2

OP micxer82

11th January 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi there, I flashed CM 10.2[TeamCanjica] on the Galaxy Ace 2 of my wife and everything worked fine (old SIM is o2 network). Now she has a new contract (Telekom network) and got a new SIM. However when I insert the new SIM card and enter the PIN, the phone doesn't get a network connection. Everything else works without problems.

First, I tried the SIM in my phone - working. Then I tried my SIM in her phone - working (so no SIM/Net-Lock). Before flashing CM 10.2 I made a backup of the stock JB 4.1.2 using CWM Recovery. So I restored that backup and tried it again. The SIM was working.

I couldn't find anything related to that problem in the forums so I tried to diff the system folder of both backups (stock 4.1.2 against CM 10.2 4.3.1) but there are way too many different files to spot the problematic one(s). I also had a look at the tee folder in system/lib but the files in there are exactly the same.

Is there anything I can do to find out, why it is working with 4.1.2 and not with 4.3.1? I'm also puzzled why the old SIM is working fine but the new one isn't!

P.S.: I couldn't post in the development forums because I just registered. That's why I opened the thread.
Last edited by micxer82; 15th January 2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Clarifying
11th January 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,125

3,500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micxer82

Hi there, I flashed CM 10.2 on the Galaxy Ace 2 of my wife and everything worked fine (old SIM is o2 network). Now she has a new contract (Telekom network) and got a new SIM. However when I insert the new SIM card and enter the PIN, the phone doesn't get a network connection. Everything else works without problems. Before flashing CM 10.2 I made a backup of the stock JB 4.1.2 using CWM Recovery. So I restored that backup and tried it again. The SIM was working.

I couldn't find anything related to that problem in the forums so I tried to diff the system folder of both backups (stock 4.1.2 against CM 10.2 4.3.1) but there are way too many different files to spot the problematic one(s). I also had a look at the tee folder in system/lib but the files in there are exactly the same.

Is there anything I can do to find out, why it is working with 4.1.2 and not with 4.3.1? I'm also puzzled why the old SIM is working fine but the new one isn't!

P.S.: I couldn't post in the development forums because I just registered. That's why I opened the thread.

hi,
-which varient do you have?
-is the phone sim-locked?
-have you tried fresh install?
The Following User Says Thank You to teddytsen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytsen

hi,
-which variant do you have?
-is the phone sim-locked?
-have you tried fresh install?

That was fast

The phone is a I8160P, CM10.2 is the newest one from TeamCanjica for the P version (cm-10.2-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-codinap.zip). CWMR version is 6.0.4.6 (if that matters)
It is not sim-locked, my SIM card (vodafone network) also works and strange enough the new SIM works in my phone (Galaxy Nexus, official CM 10.2 stable, no custom kernel or anything).

Haven't tried a fresh install yet, but since I have a backup, I can try that as well.
11th January 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #4  

3,500 posts
More
Quote:

That was fast

The phone is a I8160P, CM10.2 is the newest one from TeamCanjica for the P version (cm-10.2-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-codinap.zip). CWMR version is 6.0.4.6 (if that matters)
It is not sim-locked, my SIM card (vodafone network) also works and strange enough the new SIM works in my phone (Galaxy Nexus, official CM 10.2 stable, no custom kernel or anything).

Haven't tried a fresh install yet, but since I have a backup, I can try that as well.

-do a nandroid backup
-flash stock via odin
-reboot to temp cwm 6
-wipe data/cache
-flash newest 10.2 rom for P varient
-flash gapps
-reboot
hope it works for you, good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to teddytsen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich

5 posts
More
Question
Quote:

-do a nandroid backup
-flash stock via odin
-reboot to temp cwm 6
-wipe data/cache
-flash gapps
-reboot

Is there a difference between a CMWR backup and a Nandroid backup?
11th January 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #6  

3,500 posts
More
Quote:

Is there a difference between a CMWR backup and a Nandroid backup?

thats a nandroid backup :/
11th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich

5 posts
More
Quote:

thats a nandroid backup :/

ok, I suspected it would be one, because I saw a file named nandroid-something, but I wasn't 100% sure.
11th January 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #8  

3,500 posts
More
Quote:

ok, I suspected it would be one, because I saw a file named nandroid-something, but I wasn't 100% sure.

backup from cwm is a nandroid backup(it will be in a folder) :/ if your talking about nandroid.md5, thats just the md5 checksum(or something like that)
15th January 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Munich

5 posts
More
Thumbs up
Awesome, it worked!!! Big thanks! I had to wait for the new SIM card the provider sent that's why my answer is so late.

One more question: I now have a backup form the old not working system and one form the working version. I had a look at the system part of ti, but there were exactly no differences. In the data part the differences are so vast, that I gave up. Do you have any idea, where to look for the relevant differing files? I'm just curious what made the difference.

Quote:

-do a nandroid backup
-flash stock via odin
-reboot to temp cwm 6
-wipe data/cache
-flash gapps
-reboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread