Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can my apps still work if I remove google play store?

Tip us?

Mama_Fish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can my apps still work if I remove google play store?

I bought a ZTE V967s for one reason: to keep a portable listing of my home library with me so I don't keep buying duplicate books at sales. I rooted the phone and installed Max Flavour.

I'm wondering if I can download the few apps I need associated with my library software onto the sd card and then flash Max Flavour slim without gapps? The apps I need to run are not put out by Google.

Thanks for any help. I'm a very new newbie, but many thanks to Carliv for an excellent YouTube video that allowed me to root my phone!

prafull07
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Fish View Post
I bought a ZTE V967s for one reason: to keep a portable listing of my home library with me so I don't keep buying duplicate books at sales. I rooted the phone and installed Max Flavour.

I'm wondering if I can download the few apps I need associated with my library software onto the sd card and then flash Max Flavour slim without gapps? The apps I need to run are not put out by Google.

Thanks for any help. I'm a very new newbie, but many thanks to Carliv for an excellent YouTube video that allowed me to root my phone!
yes all apps will work without playstore
The Following User Says Thank You to prafull07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mama_Fish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you

Thank you. Now I'm wondering if I can uninstall gapps, or if I need to re-flash the ROM without it?

PradeepMurugan
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Fish View Post
Thank you. Now I'm wondering if I can uninstall gapps, or if I need to re-flash the ROM without it?
You can uninstall using titanium backup and no need to reflash rom for gapps issue. If you need gapps, later you can install too

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PradeepMurugan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]