TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How many G2's would have sold with the Nexus 5 Matte Back finish?

OP stu5797

12th January 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #21  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 809

2,077 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

Soooo I don't use a case. Are u calling me stupid then?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lol if that's how you want to take it jk. Let's just say I'd be stupid to not use one...

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
12th January 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #22  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343

4,852 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypow3rs

Lol if that's how you want to take it jk. Let's just say I'd be stupid to not use one...

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Lol I'm just kidding too. I just have to be extra careful I don't drop it

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th January 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 16

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97

Just purchase another back cover off eBay or so and sandpaper it (or use steel wool grade 0000). Check out the accessories forum, there's a thread there . Imo the matte finish is far more elegant.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

12th January 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #24  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 304

1,137 posts
More
The statement about the rear buttons being a turn off is true because when I first seen the G2, I was thinking to myself WTH? UGLY. But when I ACTUALLY played with it in store, I fell in love with it. The gorgeous 5.2 inch full HD screen with tiny bezels won me over...I had the HTC One at the time (loved the aluminium build) but I wasn't happy with the One. The battery sucked, charged slow, button placements were awful. I can say without a doubt that I'm happy and satisfied with the G2 (for now) I believe the G2 accomplished over 2 million sales worldwide which isn't much to brag about...but it's a start for LG..especially in a world dominated by Apple and Samsung.

Sent from my JEE TWO
Last edited by SKyRocKeting727; 12th January 2014 at 06:13 AM.
15th January 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #25  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,121

7,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

Lol I'm just kidding too. I just have to be extra careful I don't drop it

I was gonna say dude, look at the mullet on that other guy, gotta be careful with them fightin' words.

15th January 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #26  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 919

6,880 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Matte finishes are amazing. Why this is not standard, I have no idea. I've owned both of the Nexus 7s and several phones with this matte and it is just pure genious. Not only does it feel effing amazing in the hand, but also hides marks and blimishes.

Fortunately for the population of smartphone users that have shiny smudgy phones, they make ultra thin cases like the Incipio Feather and Barely-There which offers the same texture and feel with the added benefit of some protection on the back.

Without a case, I can't even function. I'm freaking out about where I lay my phone down. Freak out when it slides around on my desk. I found Incipio Feather cases for my Galaxy Nexus and wife's iPhone... and can't go on without it. I bought my G2 at Verizon and immediately purchased and installed the blue Feather case. Never touched the backplate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread