Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S4 SIM card

Tip us?

dwd902
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Galaxy S4 SIM card

Hello everyone. I just got my new phone from best buy. My phone is on the sprint network and it doesn't have a sim card. In the top left corner it says "insert sim card" can I get rid of this notification? Also do I need a sim card? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2601
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd902 View Post
Hello everyone. I just got my new phone from best buy. My phone is on the sprint network and it doesn't have a sim card. In the top left corner it says "insert sim card" can I get rid of this notification? Also do I need a sim card? Thanks in advance.

GO back to Best buy. The phone should have included a Sim card. and you need it to get rid of that notification and in order to use sprints LTE network.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dwd902
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you very much. I called best buy and they said sprint doesn't use sim cards and after a few minutes of questions I was transfered to mobile and they said that I should in fact have a sim card. Thank you very much.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwd902 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ali1353
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Thank you very much. I called best buy and they said sprint doesn't use sim cards and after a few minutes of questions I was transfered to mobile and they said that I should in fact have a sim card. Thank you very much.

If you are able to make phone calls and access your LTE data then you already have the microSIM inside. When I got mine I had the Simcard but I needed to push it in for activation.
Hope it works.

dwd902
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Nope I have no sim card at all. I can call people and still have 3 service. I just need sim for LTE. I really just want to get rid of notification. LTE isn't available nor will it be for a long time

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Nope I have no sim card at all. I can call people and still have 3 service. I just need sim for LTE. I really just want to get rid of notification. LTE isn't available nor will it be for a long time

Don't wait to get one, go back to Best Buy right away and tell them to give you one or return the phone. You might not have LTE now but you are out of luck if don't have a sim card. I think I read somewhere a while back that the sim card for sprint must be paired with your phone to work properly so you don't want to mess around. Make Best Buy give you the sim or tell them to replace your phone with a new phone that has a sim in it.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

scottohs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default You need a SIM card

I have a Sprint SGS4 and it has a SIM card in the SIM card slot.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2601
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottohs View Post
I have a Sprint SGS4 and it has a SIM card in the SIM card slot.
They are suppose to come like that

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone