5,600,234 Members 38,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove vroot Chinese Superuser/root and return to normal!

Tip us?

lolilawl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Remove vroot Chinese Superuser/root and return to normal!

Please help me pals, i'm so concerned.

I went on to root my LGMS769 using vroot, and i knew it was going to install it's own chinese version of Superuser. After investigating, i realize i rather have no root than this root...actually i don't even think it rooted my phone as i tried to run Titanium and it said it found no root...

So that was sketchy and now Idk what to do to undo everything vroot did!!! I want it OUT. A Factory didn't work, and it sucks i'd already done the software update after unboxing it today to the latest version v10e i think. Sigh!!!

gdjindal
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolilawl View Post

I went on to root my LGMS769 using vroot, and i knew it was going to install it's own chinese version of Superuser. After investigating, i realize i rather have no root than this root...actually i don't even think it rooted my phone as i tried to run Titanium and it said it found no root...

So that was sketchy and now Idk what to do to undo everything vroot did!!! I want it OUT. A Factory didn't work, and it sucks i'd already done the software update after unboxing it today to the latest version v10e i think. Sigh!!!
I think there is also an option to unroot your device in vroot app. After rooting phone using vroot, if you again connect your phone to pc and run vroot, a button appears which have written ROOT starting with some chines signs on it, it might be unroot button. but i haven't tried it, so can't say weather it will work or not or what it will do.

But there is another method. Install SuperSU from play store. on its first run it will detect chines super user and will ask to uninstall it. simply uninstall chines super user, install latest super user binaries. Then install file manager from play store, tick on root explorer in setting, allow root excess, also tick on "mount system folders", then delete file named "su" located in /system/bin folder, then exit file manger and uninstall superuser reboot your phone and its done.

one another safe method is reflash factory rom.

i have used this method many times to unroot my phone, bt even then
PLEASE TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WORNG

SuperSU : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....supersu&hl=en
File Manager : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...msoft.fm&hl=en
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdjindal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolilawl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks 4 ur reply!!

THANKS so much for your reply gdjindal!!
I'm going to go on and invest my time in trying what you told me later and I will get back to the thread with the results. I hope for the best!

gdjindal
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
THANKS so much for your reply gdjindal!!
I'm going to go on and invest my time in trying what you told me later and I will get back to the thread with the results. I hope for the best!
if it worked plz don't forget to press thanks button

lolilawl
Old
(Last edited by lolilawl; 11th January 2014 at 12:02 AM.) Reason: Image repost! Didn't show.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Remnants Vroot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjindal View Post
if it worked plz don't forget to press thanks button
Surely i will not NOT Thank you if it didn't work!

1. Vroot in English for Windows did have an unroot option! But guess what, remember i told u my phone wasn't rooted by vroot to begin with even though they stated as yes, already rooted?? So i rooted again to rid out the probability of error on first root, ran root checker app and vroot really didn't root my phone although it was stating it did on PC. Smh.

But since awkwardly when i'd plug it in USB port vroot would say my phone had root privileges, whatever, i proceeded with their 'Unroot' option which removed the Superuser App, woosh, but it left one other app! Gross!!! I think this one is implanted when u connect ur phone to vroot before and after u root. This app was easy to remove with uninstall...but now i'm here worried and wondering about the possibility it left any other remnants in the background

2. I hit another post and downloaded 'root cleaner' here by LilTechPrincess - "VRoot Cleanup Tool - Easily replace VRoot with SuperSU"
with hopes that this would remove any remnants of vroot contact. It ran smoothly, except it didn't install SuperSU cause i'm not rooted but I just still feel insecure about whether or not vroot remnants r gone!!

How can I b sure all vroot remnants, like in the system for example, r gone!? I have not even assigned a google account to my phone due to worry.

@ gdjindal, I'm noob so is there any other way to have clean system than flashing my ROM fresh? LGMS7769.

Below some random screenshots: -2nd Pic, I cleared app data b4 uninstalling-
--------------------

fora-mejora
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Authorize SuperSU from the Play Store with Vroot and use SuperSU to uninstall Vroot and perform a full unroot.
The Following User Says Thank You to fora-mejora For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lolilawl
Old
(Last edited by lolilawl; 13th January 2014 at 09:45 AM.) Reason: Added more comments!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fora-mejora View Post
Authorize SuperSU from the Play Store with Vroot and use SuperSU to uninstall Vroot and perform a full unroot.
Thanks for ur time fora-mejora!
I'd already 'unrooted' w vroot...(since it never rooted me to begin with, at least not officially' but that unroot with vroot did remove their apps except for the one the 'PC synching' would put in, that is for the program to link w ur phone...that i removed manually.

But i went on and did full unroot w superuser on my unrooted phone and it only uninstalled itself..no reboot and all..guessing it's because i have no root and no vroot blah blah to begin with.

I'm just curious about my system files now. Even unrooted, r they contaminated w vroot remnants?

--SO i just thought maybe installing a malware scanner like Dr. WEB would help me discover if vroot would leave any sketchy remnants. What ya think?

kuma82
Old
Thanks Meter 755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for ur time fora-mejora!
I'd already 'unrooted' w vroot...(since it never rooted me to begin with, at least not officially' but that unroot with vroot did remove their apps except for the one the 'PC synching' would put in, that is for the program to link w ur phone...that i removed manually.

But i went on and did full unroot w superuser on my unrooted phone and it only uninstalled itself..no reboot and all..guessing it's because i have no root and no vroot blah blah to begin with.

I'm just curious about my system files now. Even unrooted, r they contaminated w vroot remnants?

--SO i just thought maybe installing a malware scanner like Dr. WEB would help me discover if vroot would leave any sketchy remnants. What ya think?
If you are that concern, just perform an offline flash or install my themed 10e, wipe your data and be done with the issue.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app