Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SoftBricked HTC One X don't know what else to try

Tip us?

Alex_chaingun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] SoftBricked HTC One X don't know what else to try

Hi Guys, let me express my gratitude beforehand for all the help that you have provided gratuitously to so many users so far. I happen to find myself in a delicate situation with my newly acquired(last week) HTC One X, that after a few days of use prompted me to install an update. I foolishly accepted and started the installation. After it rebooted it found itself in a bootloop - starting, vibrating for a second, displaying the Quietly Brilliant logo and then restarting again. I then began browsing on the XDA forum and researching on this particular problem. I started with the common troubleshooting steps : tried entering the recovery menu (power+vol down) and selecting "Recovery" - that didn't do anything differently-, then i tried a factory reset, same thing, then i tried and installed the RUU that i think is for my device(i'll post the name below) that ended up with what i thought was a successful process but ended up in the same bootloop after the restart.
At that point i read further and decided to root/unlock my device so i can try and install a custom ROM. Unlocked my device using the unlock token provided by HTC and then installed the clockwork recovery tool. After that i tried installing a couple of custom roms like ARHD31 which seemed like it was going to work(got through the configuration settings but after the restart this time was stuck at a HTC ONE logo ). I later read that for this to work you need a newer HBoot(mine is 1.12.0000). I then tried flasing an older rom with ICS(Renovate) that did not work either. I am not ruling out that i may be botching up somewhere in the process though, that's why i am seeking your help.
The RUU that i tried for my device is:
RUU_Endeavor_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radi o_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed.exe

My details for my device were as follows(also attached a picture):
****LOCKED**** (it now reads UNLOCKED or RELOCKED if i lock it to try the RUU)
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111 (I read that this is the SUPERCID but i did not change that, it was like that)
HBOOT- 1.12.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-2.1204.135.20
eMMC..: disabled
CPU..: disabled
HW Secure boot : enabled
Modem path : OFF
June 28 2012, 11:31:28

The GetVar allinfo command :
Code:
c:\Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5a
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.12.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.1204.135.20
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 2.17.401.2
INFOserialno: SH27DW101219
INFOimei: 353426058867508
INFOproduct: endeavoru
INFOplatform: HBOOT-T30S
INFOmodelid: PJ461****
INFOcidnum: 11111111
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3694mV
INFOdevpower: 6
INFOpartition-layout: None
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: None
INFOhbootpreupdate: 2
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.821s
Sorry for the long read but I'm hoping that you guys can help me with this, i even took it to a "specialized" repair service but they just ended up by draining my battery(recharging with script now).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0017.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	2517723  

magnetboard
Old
Thanks Meter 82
This is for the evita version of the HTC one xl. I do believe you're looking for the international HTC one x.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Alex_chaingun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Oh, i'm very sorry for the mistake , is there a way for a moderator to move this in the correct section please? sorry again for the trouble.

Alex_chaingun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have created a new topic in the correct section, can i please ask a moderator to delete this thread? Thank you.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,213

DONATE TO ME
You need to report the thread for moderators to see it and close it.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]