Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updating Baseband/Modem before flash 4.3 ROM

Tip us?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnotjason View Post
I see.....i just flashed the MF1 firmware zip from the link provided in invisiblek's thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788313), would that have updated my bootloader? How would I even tell on this phone. I read somewhere the information is provided in recovery someplace.
Just stop thinking about the bootloader lol you only need to be concerned about the bootloader if you're going from fresh, out of the box S3 to rooted and unlocked bootloader prior to flashing a custom rom OR if you accepted this 4.3 OTA (because the bootloader is locked). Generally the build number and the baseband will match. Pretty sure that's what you mean. The build number is which OTA the rom is based on. The bootloader is of no concern for you so long as you continue to flash custom roms and ignore OTAs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justinnotjason
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
Just stop thinking about the bootloader lol you only need to be concerned about the bootloader if you're going from fresh, out of the box S3 to rooted and unlocked bootloader prior to flashing a custom rom OR if you accepted this 4.3 OTA (because the bootloader is locked). Generally the build number and the baseband will match. Pretty sure that's what you mean. The build number is which OTA the rom is based on. The bootloader is of no concern for you so long as you continue to flash custom roms and ignore OTAs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Ah I see. Makes sense.
Nah I was actually curious about the bootloader, but your post makes sense. Seems like as longs as it's unlocked, not to worry about it.
And yeah I understand the build number, and I just updated my baseband. I suppose I'll start looking into flashing some newer ROMs.
The only thing I noticed was that I have to update my CWM to flash any 4.4 ROMs. So I'm gunna look into that.
The Following User Says Thank You to justinnotjason For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]