Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Unlock AT&T Galaxy S4 from France Free?

OP Kimberley91

15th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 while I was working in the USA, from AT&T, on a 2 year contract. I recently got fired and had to move back to France and stay with my parents. I however would like to be able to use my phone, but it is SIM locked by AT&T and they will not unlock it since I am still under contract. I am making the monthly payments, but they still will not unlock it unless I pay $300 to terminate the contract (I don't even have that on my bank account ).

QUESTION: Does someone know a way to unlock this phone from France safely, for free? This may be asking a lot... You tell me

Thank you!
Kim
15th January 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hurricane Country
Thanks Meter: 356

2,855 posts
More
FYI, this is the S4 Active forum. I'm guessing AT$T does not want to unlock your phone since you are now living abroad and they will have no recourse if you skip out on your contract since you'll be beyond reach of US courts. You should have told them you simply were traveling to France and wanted to be able to use prepaid cards while there.
15th January 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 9,331

6,854 posts
Moved to ATT S4 section. Good luck and hope you find a new job soon.
15th January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy They won't unblock it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son

FYI, this is the S4 Active forum. I'm guessing AT$T does not want to unlock your phone since you are now living abroad and they will have no recourse if you skip out on your contract since you'll be beyond reach of US courts. You should have told them you simply were traveling to France and wanted to be able to use prepaid cards while there.

Hi,
Sorry about the forum mistake.
They still won't unblock it for me. I asked them what they expect business travelers to do when abroad and they just told me they had an international communications option at $30/hour. No thank you!
Any other ideas?

Thanks!
15th January 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley91

Hi,
Sorry about the forum mistake.
They still won't unblock it for me. I asked them what they expect business travelers to do when abroad and they just told me they had an international communications option at $30/hour. No thank you!
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

You could buy an unlock code. There are a number of companies on the internet. They're us$25 to 35 from a reputable company.
15th January 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,794

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi everyone,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 while I was working in the USA, from AT&T, on a 2 year contract. I recently got fired and had to move back to France and stay with my parents. I however would like to be able to use my phone, but it is SIM locked by AT&T and they will not unlock it since I am still under contract. I am making the monthly payments, but they still will not unlock it unless I pay $300 to terminate the contract (I don't even have that on my bank account ).

QUESTION: Does someone know a way to unlock this phone from France safely, for free? This may be asking a lot... You tell me

Thank you!
Kim

This is worked for me Everytime. ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457 but u need to root your phone first...... to able to use that RegionLock.apk. .... but I dunno what is your firmware. .... ? Different firmware use different method to root. ....PM me if u need more help....goodluck.....hope this help ....:thumbup::thumbup:

Swyped from MF3 Deadly Venom SS
16th January 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,484

1,040 posts
Quote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Kim

If you are on MDL firmware or earlier use this guide to unlock(no root required): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285431

If you are on MK2 use method #2 in this thread (also no root required): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457

The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread