FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Unlock AT&T Galaxy S4 from France Free?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Kimberley91, Junior Member on 15th January 2014, 02:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi everyone,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 while I was working in the USA, from AT&T, on a 2 year contract. I recently got fired and had to move back to France and stay with my parents. I however would like to be able to use my phone, but it is SIM locked by AT&T and they will not unlock it since I am still under contract. I am making the monthly payments, but they still will not unlock it unless I pay $300 to terminate the contract (I don't even have that on my bank account ).

QUESTION: Does someone know a way to unlock this phone from France safely, for free? This may be asking a lot... You tell me

Thank you!
Kim
 
 
15th January 2014, 02:46 PM |#2  
Miami_Son's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hurricane Country
Thanks Meter: 356
 
More
FYI, this is the S4 Active forum. I'm guessing AT$T does not want to unlock your phone since you are now living abroad and they will have no recourse if you skip out on your contract since you'll be beyond reach of US courts. You should have told them you simply were traveling to France and wanted to be able to use prepaid cards while there.
15th January 2014, 02:49 PM |#3  
Woody's Avatar
Moderator Liaison & RC/RT Committee - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 11,895
 
More
Moved to ATT S4 section. Good luck and hope you find a new job soon.
15th January 2014, 02:58 PM |#4  
Kimberley91's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy They won't unblock it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son

FYI, this is the S4 Active forum. I'm guessing AT$T does not want to unlock your phone since you are now living abroad and they will have no recourse if you skip out on your contract since you'll be beyond reach of US courts. You should have told them you simply were traveling to France and wanted to be able to use prepaid cards while there.

Hi,
Sorry about the forum mistake.
They still won't unblock it for me. I asked them what they expect business travelers to do when abroad and they just told me they had an international communications option at $30/hour. No thank you!
Any other ideas?

Thanks!
15th January 2014, 04:40 PM |#5  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,880
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley91

Hi,
Sorry about the forum mistake.
They still won't unblock it for me. I asked them what they expect business travelers to do when abroad and they just told me they had an international communications option at $30/hour. No thank you!
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

You could buy an unlock code. There are a number of companies on the internet. They're us$25 to 35 from a reputable company.
15th January 2014, 06:52 PM |#6  
ted77usa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 4,235
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley91

Hi everyone,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 while I was working in the USA, from AT&T, on a 2 year contract. I recently got fired and had to move back to France and stay with my parents. I however would like to be able to use my phone, but it is SIM locked by AT&T and they will not unlock it since I am still under contract. I am making the monthly payments, but they still will not unlock it unless I pay $300 to terminate the contract (I don't even have that on my bank account ).

QUESTION: Does someone know a way to unlock this phone from France safely, for free? This may be asking a lot... You tell me

Thank you!
Kim

This is worked for me Everytime. ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457 but u need to root your phone first...... to able to use that RegionLock.apk. .... but I dunno what is your firmware. .... ? Different firmware use different method to root. ....PM me if u need more help....goodluck.....hope this help ....:thumbup::thumbup:

Swyped from MF3 Deadly Venom SS
16th January 2014, 01:39 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,092
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberley91

Hi everyone,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 while I was working in the USA, from AT&T, on a 2 year contract. I recently got fired and had to move back to France and stay with my parents. I however would like to be able to use my phone, but it is SIM locked by AT&T and they will not unlock it since I am still under contract. I am making the monthly payments, but they still will not unlock it unless I pay $300 to terminate the contract (I don't even have that on my bank account ).

QUESTION: Does someone know a way to unlock this phone from France safely, for free? This may be asking a lot... You tell me

Thank you!
Kim

If you are on MDL firmware or earlier use this guide to unlock(no root required): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2285431

If you are on MK2 use method #2 in this thread (also no root required): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595457
The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes