XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide to Transfering/Porting number from ST to AIO wireless online

Tip us?

dviperbigt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Smile Guide to Transfering/Porting number from ST to AIO wireless online

Ok so I am currently on straight talk and I wanted to transfer to AIO wireless. You think it would be really easy but its not. First thing to know is if you try to transfer online you can only transfer from a major carrier (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Metro PCS, T-Mobile). If your like me and are with Straight talk DON'T try to transfer your number on their website because its a waste of time. You can transfer from straight talk in store though. So what I had to do was transfer my number to T-Mobile and pick the plan where you pay by the day its either $3 or $2 a day. Then I will be able to transfer my number to AIO online.

Also if you do it online and it tells you it cant transfer your number and you can cancel and the wont charge you this is not true they will hold the money for 48hr. min. So this is another reason I am making this guide because its the Holiday Season and I need my money!

One more thing if they is other way to get around this please post it on this forum.

I hope this helps!
TJW

MrPrsdent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Aio wireless and Straight Talk have an agreement not to port to each other ( if you are on the straight talk AT&T sim). Because technically you are still on the same network=AT&T. Aio is owned by AT&T. Thats why you experienced those problems.

What you have to do is to port to a Tmobile mvno for a month,then try porting to Aio. Thats what i did.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
Tags
aio, aio wireless, port number, straight talk, transfer number