Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] touch screen unresponsive help?

OP BDomonoski

8th January 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, I just recently bought my nexus 7 about 2-3 weeks ago and suddenly the screen has become unresponsive. The lock button works and will lock and unlock and rotating the screen still works but I cannot unlock it or do anything involving touch. I've reboot at least 10 times and it doesn't do anything. I've never dropped it and I baby it. Is there anything I can do? Has this happened to anyone else?
8th January 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waterbury
Thanks Meter: 131

427 posts
More
Return it, no need to mess with it, shuls still be under store warranty for an even replacement

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
8th January 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
[QUOTE=z0phi3l;49251891]Return it, no need to mess with it, shuls still be under store warranty for an even replacement

It's past the 15 day return date so that isn't an option so I'm going to need an attempt to fix sadly
9th January 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 857

720 posts
More
I have read over the forum and it seems like a lot of people have some kind of touchscreen problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7
13th January 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oadam11

I have read over the forum and it seems like a lot of people have some kind of touchscreen problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes, this is a VERY common problem (I went thru 3 before i gave up all with the same screen issues). I don't know why so many people are saying the screen issues are normal (my original Nexus 7 doesn't have any issues). The problem is apparently a grounding issue since it is completely eliminated when the USB cable is plugged in.

Sent from my Original Nexus 7 (because the 3 2013 models i tried were all defective)
using xda app-developers app.
13th January 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmn6

Yes, this is a VERY common problem (I went thru 3 before i gave up all with the same screen issues). I don't know why so many people are saying the screen issues are normal (my original Nexus 7 doesn't have any issues). The problem is apparently a grounding issue since it is completely eliminated when the USB cable is plugged in.

Sent from my Original Nexus 7 (because the 3 2013 models i tried were all defective)
using xda app-developers app.

I'm sort of confused. I purchased my nexus 7 2013 in November and I've only had screen issues a few times but nothing too annoying (maybe it did not respond while selecting something). How do I know if my nexus has or will have the same issue? Is there any way to see when it was manufactured? Does it affect if I have installed a custom rom? Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando XDA Premium HD app
14th January 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
This is the problem, people are OK with the screen not being responsive (that is a major problem) the original 7 has no issues with this, so obviously they know how to make a responsive screen.
To answer your question, If you plug your 2013 Nexus 7 in and it corrects the issue your tablet is in fact defective.

using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rmn6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 60

332 posts
Over the last couple of days I'm having a lot of trouble with touch. If I lock and then unlock it it fixes it for a while.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread