Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP very slow during "Updating partition details" and slow phone performance?

Tip us?

PwnCloud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Exclamation [Q] TWRP very slow during "Updating partition details" and slow phone performance?

Whenever TWRP has to update partition details, the phone will be nearly unresponsive and it takes about 15 minutes for it to complete. This hasn't happened until recently, and I haven't touched TWRP at all. This makes flashing a long process, since it has to update partition details after wiping and after flashing, and again if I'm also flashing gapps or anything else along with it.

I noticed that the phone is also laggy as **** for the first few minutes after booting. It's been a day or so now and it still occurs. It seems to go away after a while. I posted about this in the respective ROM thread, but I think it's unrelated. I did a clean wipe and no one else is having this issue.

I'm not sure what it is causing it or if the ROM issues are truly related at all. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it.

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Are you on the latest version of TWRP? You may want to update it if you aren't. MJA and MK2 require the newer versions of TWRP for best performance.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

PwnCloud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Are you on the latest version of TWRP? You may want to update it if you aren't. MJA and MK2 require the newer versions of TWRP for best performance.
So I found the actual issue with my performance and partitioning issues was my SD card. I'm pretty sure it's dead now, it bogs down everything because it's trying to read it I guess.
Tags
galaxy, gs4, issue, slow, twrp