XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evernote - anybody tried to move it to external SD card

Tip us?

Vozie_Stockholm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Evernote - anybody tried to move it to external SD card

The 8 Gb limit is a problem for apps that can't be moved to external SD card. Could somebody try to move Evernote to external card and see if the data can be located to it. It should be possible with the drawback that the widget doesn't work anymore.
Thanks/vox

sling-shot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozie_Stockholm View Post
The 8 Gb limit is a problem for apps that can't be moved to external SD card. Could somebody try to move Evernote to external card and see if the data can be located to it. It should be possible with the drawback that the widget doesn't work anymore.
Thanks/vox
As far as I know, it is NOT possible to move any applications to SD card without being rooted. Have you rooted your phone?
Even with root, I guess you can only do it using Link2SD to a second partition on your SD card.

Vozie_Stockholm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks. I thought Evernote might be able to store notes on external SD card - but it does not.

ayushag96
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Post You can store data on external sd card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozie_Stockholm View Post
Ok, thanks. I thought Evernote might be able to store notes on external SD card - but it does not.
I think that you can do it. Just move evernotes files from Internal Memory/Android to SDCard/Android.
Then, using folder mount (search play store) simply mount the folder on external card as a folder on internal card.

As far as I think root is required.