XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stupid Question about Rooting

Tip us?

AgentRockstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Stupid Question about Rooting

This might be the stupidest question I've asked but: I am about to root my Note 10, I've made a backup. But does rooting reset everything? Like would I have to download all my apps again? Set my wallpapers and change my settings and all that? I am looking at
CF-AUTO Root
By Chainfire
Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:@BeansTown106

And in the steps it mentions loading roms, I do not really care for roms, just the rooting ability. So am I starting over or does it just grant the root ability?

Thanks!

wadamean
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Whatever device you root, it doesn't reset nothing at all. Just unlocks the security privileges and makes you the administrator. When flashing roms then there yes you lose all your apps only but the rest things personally stay except apps

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wadamean For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AgentRockstar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadamean View Post
Whatever device you root, it doesn't reset nothing at all. Just unlocks the security privileges and makes you the administrator. When flashing roms then there yes you lose all your apps only but the rest things personally stay except apps

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Super thanks for the quick reply! Just finished rooting! Worked!

Now to figure out what to do with all this power!
The Following User Says Thank You to AgentRockstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]