5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 boot loop after editing build.prop What to do?

Tip us?

capuagenclik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Dub View Post
I bootlooped changing my dpi as well. I was stock rooted with no custom recovery. I followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=unbrick and was able to get my phone to work again. FYI, it may install the latest firmware for your phone, even if it's not OTA yet, and ioroot might not support it yet if it does. I have a d801 and it installed the latest firmware, although it wasn't OTA yet. Hope this helps.
Ahh mate it would probably helped because my support tool couldnt recognize my device as d802 but instead l02e or l20e sth like that with united driver but I reckon those are the drivers I was looking for unfortunately I dont have the phone anymore.

I turned the phone back to the warranty today not giving any explanation to try my luck. they may just do this same procedure and just flash stock rom on the service and send it back to me or they might just say this is rooted its out of warranty either case I will let them deal with it if they say this is out of warranty I will ask them to fix it and I am willing to pay if they quote me something reasonable if they dont I will try this.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Jishnu Surô
Old
Thanks Meter 6459

DONATE TO ME
If they say rooted and stuff and outa warranty! Just get it back home.. I will help you via teamviewer!

capuagenclik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishnu Surô View Post
If they say rooted and stuff and outa warranty! Just get it back home.. I will help you via teamviewer!
Thank you heaps man how nice of you. I would let you guys know how it goes. Its only soft bricked so i think technical support would be able to flash the stock firmware on it but I hope they wont decide to give me hard time. If they do i am planning to play the fool

I will definitely pm you if I get it back unfixed. Thank you for the offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to capuagenclik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pilo99
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Hello i think my lg g2 is bootlooping will you be able to help through teamviewer plz thanks a lot

Jishnu Surô
Old
Thanks Meter 6459

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo99 View Post
Hello i think my lg g2 is bootlooping will you be able to help through teamviewer plz thanks a lot
Please tell me how it happend??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jishnu Surô For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pilo99
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Please tell me how it happend??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
was playing with dpi density and it start doing the bootloop , i try to get back to stock through the lg flash utiliy and it did but no system setting and it keep turning on and off i can get to download mode ,,,,but the recovery it just show the green android man and then boot staright to the home screen

Jishnu Surô
Old
Thanks Meter 6459

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo99 View Post
was playing with dpi density and it start doing the bootloop , i try to get back to stock through the lg flash utiliy and it did but no system setting and it keep turning on and off i can get to download mode ,,,,but the recovery it just show the green android man and then boot staright to the home screen
Check PM!

pilo99
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Check PM!
cool am online now

capuagenclik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Guys I just wanted to give you update on the matter. Today I called the repair centre and they told me they have fixed the phone and send it back yesterday so I should be able to get it in couple of days maybe this friday or next week monday something like that. They didnt say anything about root or warranty or stuff like that. When I get the phone back what can I do prevent this from happening again? Do I need to flash a custom recovery on the phone? What is the risk of doing that? Or should I just root the phone and not mess with the system files ever again

Thanks heaps for all your inputs.

capuagenclik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Got the phone today they changed the motherboard. I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing :/ On the good side it is fixed for good on the flipside the phone has been opened now so thats not so good. I have checked the body coudlnt find too many stracthes or sth like that they did a clean job but still.

Anyway that was the last update.