XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

trading for moto x?

Tip us?

milesjohnson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default trading for moto x?

is this a stupid move guys? i once made the mistake of trading my one for a nexus 4 and i got tired of that real fast

but I'm back to my one and getting tired of it again (yeah i like to switch phones a lot)

so i was going to trade with someone on craigslist for a moto x. is this a dumb idea

shasen1235
Old
(Last edited by shasen1235; 15th January 2014 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesjohnson View Post
is this a stupid move guys? i once made the mistake of trading my one for a nexus 4 and i got tired of that real fast

but I'm back to my one and getting tired of it again (yeah i like to switch phones a lot)

so i was going to trade with someone on craigslist for a moto x. is this a dumb idea
Flash AOSP rom = A supercharged Moto X

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 68
From a technical viewpoint.

IMO, if you don't do much with your phone, Moto X is pretty boss. I bought my brother a Moto X for Christmas, while I have the One. I mainly use my phone for food photos. The Moto X's macro is on point. I find myself playing games less and less, so the dual core doesn't sound too bad. It's snappy as is.

PS, depending on which carrier Moto X you get, you'll have less roms to mess around with. My brother has the T-Mo version, and there's close to no dev for it.

alireza_simkesh
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Was actually comparing the two today, apart from CPU cores everything else seems to be similar except that Moto X has basically half the price
HTC One
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC Touch Pro
ASUS P525
HP Ipaq3315

milesjohnson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza_simkesh View Post
Was actually comparing the two today, apart from CPU cores everything else seems to be similar except that Moto X has basically half the price
What would be a reasonable cash amount for him to add to the trade? We kind of already agreed on $50. Should I ask for $100

alireza_simkesh
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What would be a reasonable cash amount for him to add to the trade? We kind of already agreed on $50. Should I ask for $100
I can't really judge the exact amount as it depends on both phones conditions, whether or not they are debranded, CDMA/GSM, etc but i would say 50$ would be the minimum...100$ seems more reasonable considering the difference in price of their brand new versions.
HTC One
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC Touch Pro
ASUS P525
HP Ipaq3315

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza_simkesh View Post
I can't really judge the exact amount as it depends on both phones conditions, whether or not they are debranded, CDMA/GSM, etc but i would say 50$ would be the minimum...100$ seems more reasonable considering the difference in price of their brand new versions.
That's the thing, since the One is so old compared to the Moto X, you can find em for about the same price used. Around $350ish. Though I suppose since that sale, you can probably find more Moto X's out there. $50 is safe.

alireza_simkesh
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcFish View Post
That's the thing, since the One is so old compared to the Moto X, you can find em for about the same price used. Around $350ish. Though I suppose since that sale, you can probably find more Moto X's out there. $50 is safe.
That's true, but his phone (Moto X) is also a used one.
HTC One
HTC Sensation 4G
HTC Touch Pro
ASUS P525
HP Ipaq3315

ayo234
Old
Thanks Meter 62
[QUOTE=alireza_simkesh;49477741]That's true, but his phone (Moto X) is also a used one.[/QUWrong person

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:

I agree with the other guy who said to flash on aosp ROM. I love my One and before I had a nexus 4 and even with the plethora of Roms available, it got boring. Aosp has its limits. And you can't go wrong on design, I mean just look at the phone in your hand with the amazing build quality and speakers. I used to trade phone a lot but now that I got the "ONE" Im keeping it for a while.
[insert really cool inspiring quote here] If I helped you thank me