Paranoid Android battery and ram problem

Search This thread

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Hello there,
So I upgraded my GT-N7100 from cm10.2 nightly to paranoid Android 3.6.
I had an amazing battery life with the cm but once I switched, 25 percent of the battery is only enough for a single hour, that's 4 hours from 100-0.
I also noticed that my free ram has been decreased by 150 mb (with cm=1.300 / with PA=1.150/1.200 gb)
I am afraid to debloat on my own because I might remove a necessary item that would ruin my whole rom.

PS: I searched for a good 30 mins about the battery problem and haven't found the perfect solution for a newbie like me.

P.PS: I have unlimited 3g which is running 24/7, but I had great battery life with the cm.

With Regards,
OverDub

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using xda app-developers app

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Here are some screenshots

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389822727181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389822727181.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389822747344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389822747344.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389822771294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389822771294.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 48

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Update: I'm losing charge while I'm using the phone while it's charging, they must be something causing it.

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Update: it took exactly 9 hours 48 minutes to charge from 10 to 95, please someone help me with this issue

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
Seems that there is no answer, I restored back to cm 10.2 because the charge was going faster than a v12 challenger.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Update: it took exactly 9 hours 48 minutes to charge from 10 to 95, please someone help me with this issue

Did u change your charging current or anything? That may be causing the problem. Also, once switching to a ROM, don't touch it and it'll charge faster. Happened to me too.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
XDAing from a N7105 powered by Illusion ROM.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(

Reactions: OverDub

OverDub

Jan 13, 2014
Rochdale
I changed current and USB cable, didn't help.
I have restored back to my old rom so don't mind it, planning on trying omega rom but I need "new bootloader" and I have no idea what it does and if it harms my phone

gauravahluwalia

Mar 9, 2013
Edinburgh
2852939 3561

I have restored back to my old rom so don't mind it, planning on trying omega rom but I need "new bootloader" and I have no idea what it does and if it harms my phone

I had this problem too when I was on a custom TW based rom on 4.2.1. The OS was recognizing the charge current as USB instead of AC. Tried changing the cables etc. Had no affect. Had to let the developer know about this.

Also keep in mind THIS exact same problem happens with the stock samsung cable as well. I had to use my Milo portable chargers cable to cure this issue.

Reactions: OverDub

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did u change your charging current or anything? That may be causing the problem. Also, once switching to a ROM, don't touch it and it'll charge faster. Happened to me too.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
    XDAing from a N7105 powered by Illusion ROM.
    Sent from a small country called Singapore.
    P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(
    2852939 3561

I had this problem too when I was on a custom TW based rom on 4.2.1. The OS was recognizing the charge current as USB instead of AC. Tried changing the cables etc. Had no affect. Had to let the developer know about this.

Also keep in mind THIS exact same problem happens with the stock samsung cable as well. I had to use my Milo portable chargers cable to cure this issue.