Tizen is slower than android

Search This thread

dnitro

Jan 6, 2014
i just saw video of tizen in action. i cant believe how slow it is. if samsung is serious abt this o/s then its going to fail as a compaby. wat does all yall think?

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
It's not even that. If Sammy decides to push this further they'd be losing money. Android is a very popular os and I'm sure you could "root" tizen, but look what happened with knox. This is a bad move and I'm worried

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
I think Firefox os has already started this... Tizen is an html5 device. The only benefit I could see for this is if ff os doesn't fail, as apps may be interchangeable???

Sent from any phone that isn't made by Apple.

muqali

Nov 14, 2007
Unfortunately, Mexico
Samsung makes good hardware, but their software is crap. Other than Wifi Calling and S-Pen, I'd prefer stock android or CM over their stuff any day. If they make Tizen like that I hope it dies quickly. If I thought for a minute it would be a positive element in the community and create innovation, I'd feel differently. I view it as their attempt to wall people into "samsung" and away from Android.

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
It looks as though they will make it a solid product with html5, just looks too much like an iPhone interface to me. I'm sure they will be able to make some awesome new apps as there are a ton of web developers unemployed right now, so maybe it has more potential than we know of.

Sent from any phone that isn't made by Apple.