Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One Driver Problems

OP PlasticSandals

16th January 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Basically, I have posted this exact same problem here months ago, but with not a lot of help. I came here to get help and I intend of leaving with a bit of some. Basically, I rooted my HTC One, turned S-On, and finally installed Cyanogen Mod. Everything was working for the most part. I remember being able to attach my phone to my PC and being able to transfer files over to my phone. Recently that has been working out so well. I try to transfer files from my PC to my phone, such as music/videos/etc, but my phone doesn't show up. I can go to device manager and see my HTC One under other devices with the caution triangle, so basically my device is read to be connected to my PC but is lacking the drivers to use it. Like I said before, I have posted this problem on other forums before, and I have been sent the link to the drivers. I've installed HTC drivers, USB drivers, HTC One Sync, and so much more, but none of that has worked. All that happens is that my phone will connect to my PC, charge, be noticed by the PC but is completely unusable from PC to phone. On the phones side, it's 100% okay. No problems other than the simple nightly bugs, but I know it's the ROM version I am using. I reverted to the last known stable Cyanogen Mod, and the one previous to that. That hasn't fixed the problem as well. I'm running out of idea's and I'm just looking for some help. If you can help, rather then posting a link for drivers and thinking I'm retarded, please do so. I will appreciate it to the fullest. As for that, that is all I have to say. Please help, and all help is appreciated.
16th January 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 147

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticSandals

Basically, I have posted this exact same problem here months ago, but with not a lot of help. I came here to get help and I intend of leaving with a bit of some. Basically, I rooted my HTC One, turned S-On, and finally installed Cyanogen Mod. Everything was working for the most part. I remember being able to attach my phone to my PC and being able to transfer files over to my phone. Recently that has been working out so well. I try to transfer files from my PC to my phone, such as music/videos/etc, but my phone doesn't show up. I can go to device manager and see my HTC One under other devices with the caution triangle, so basically my device is read to be connected to my PC but is lacking the drivers to use it. Like I said before, I have posted this problem on other forums before, and I have been sent the link to the drivers. I've installed HTC drivers, USB drivers, HTC One Sync, and so much more, but none of that has worked. All that happens is that my phone will connect to my PC, charge, be noticed by the PC but is completely unusable from PC to phone. On the phones side, it's 100% okay. No problems other than the simple nightly bugs, but I know it's the ROM version I am using. I reverted to the last known stable Cyanogen Mod, and the one previous to that. That hasn't fixed the problem as well. I'm running out of idea's and I'm just looking for some help. If you can help, rather then posting a link for drivers and thinking I'm retarded, please do so. I will appreciate it to the fullest. As for that, that is all I have to say. Please help, and all help is appreciated.

Ok,
I think the best thing we can to in this case is the classic troubleshooting.
  1. Try different USB Cables, slots on your PC, DON'T connect it to a USB HUB (I think you already know that.. I just mentioned it to ensure that)
  2. Make a backup and flash the stock Sense ROM
  3. If you can get a connection to your PC .. Cyanogen causes this issue

That was to determine wheter it's your phone or your computer that causes this issue. Pretty basic.
  1. Uninstall your drivers from the device manager interface
  2. Uninstall everything that is related to your HTC One(HTCSync, maybe Kies or other programs like this, Every driver)
  3. Now, make a registry clean to reinstall everything on a clean way
  4. Use Wise Registry Cleaner
  5. Proceed a computer reboot
  6. Now, download the latest version of HTC Sync
  7. Install it with every driver component.
  8. Then uninstall HTC Sync WITHOUT the drivers
  9. Plug in your phone and wait until other drivers are installed
  10. If that's done, try if the connection works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread