Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Move to SD - missing

Tip us?
 
jenowa
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default [Q] Move to SD - missing

Hello,
I did unroot my dev, enabled developer options but still there is no option to move application to external SD card.
My sd card is FAT32 formatted Class10 Sandisk 64GB.

Latest official ROM.

Any idea how to enable this?
 
sbdags
Old
#2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12611
Posts: 11,108
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenowa View Post
Hello,
I did unroot my dev, enabled developer options but still there is no option to move application to external SD card.
My sd card is FAT32 formatted Class10 Sandisk 64GB.

Latest official ROM.

Any idea how to enable this?
It's not part of android anymore AFAIK and hasn't been for a few versions. What are you trying to achieve?
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jenowa
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
It's not part of android anymore AFAIK and hasn't been for a few versions. What are you trying to achieve?
I want to move / install application into SD card.
I have another tablet 4.0.3 and that option is there also I saw on the net (different tablet models) info about this option being enabled when developer options are enabled.
Although some one mentioned that asus hide this option on transformers..

To sum up ... how to install app on SD? Maybe mount folder option (will try that next)
 
Snah001
Old
#4  
Snah001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1135
Posts: 1,243
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenowa View Post
I want to move / install application into SD card.
I have another tablet 4.0.3 and that option is there also I saw on the net (different tablet models) info about this option being enabled when developer options are enabled.
Although some one mentioned that asus hide this option on transformers..

To sum up ... how to install app on SD? Maybe mount folder option (will try that next)
The tf701 stock ROM does not offer that.
You can try titanium backup (when rooted) and there are some apps in playstore that offer that.
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
The Following User Says Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jenowa
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001 View Post
The tf701 stock ROM does not offer that.
You can try titanium backup (when rooted) and there are some apps in playstore that offer that.
Is there a way to enable that option?
 
sbdags
Old
#6  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12611
Posts: 11,108
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenowa View Post
Is there a way to enable that option?
No it's not built into the framework. You were using an old ICS firmware where memory was a premium. You have 32GB now. Are you saying you gave filled it with apps and data?
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes